• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thinking about becoming a RIGGER

Vigilant

Inactive
Reaction score
If you are currently serving as a rigger or have been in the last several years I have a few questions about the trade.

Do riggers get to take the MFP? What about the instructor courses?

I heard that there is a severe shortage of riggers. If I do a CT how quickly would I be able to get in, in your non-official opinion?

If you really want to be a rigger  I am pretty sure you have to be a supply tech first.  As to getting in quickly,  I can't really help you with that,  but I have heard of people getting onto a jump course last second in Trenton, as fillers.  Anyways good luck with it.

Thinking about being a Rigger?  Like anything, there are pro's and con's to it.
Yes there are a shortage of Rigger's.  There always have been. 
You do have to be a 911 first.  Usually QL5 qualified, but I do know they make exceptions.  You have to be basic para qualified.  So get your jump course first.
What unit are you with right now?

I can put you in contact with the right people if you are serious about this.  Let me Know

If you wanna be a rigger;

for god's sakes BE SURE!!

Think really hard about it!!  I have worked in Trenton with them for a few years.  They need people that is for sure, if you are a Supply Tech (911), get your Basic Jump Course and apply for Rigger.  It should not take long after that and you will get posted in Trenton for the Rigger Course (really long course with different section in it).

Once you are a qualified Rigger and you are good at it, there is a chance for Military Freefall course.

Cheers!!

Back