• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The most important thing to bring that are not on the list ?

Z.E.R.T.

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im leaving for my BMQ 13 Feb at Valcartier and i want to know what are the most important stuff to bring ?
Already bring stuff that are not on the list but maybe i miss other stuff if you can help will be great !

Thinking back 20yrs now since my BMQ and nothing, I can't think of a single thing that I needed which could have made life easier and anything you think you do need they will probably take during your personal luggage inspection anyways if they still do it.

Patience.
For platoon mates.
For your instructors
For yourself.

It'll pass; it might feel its passing like a river or like a kidney stone, but it will pass. Be patient.

They allowed you to keep your own pillow? We had "if it wasn't issued by the military it isn't needed or to be used" Civilian dress and standard razors were the only thing non-issue. They even provided the fleas in the straw mattress.

They allowed you to keep your own pillow? We had "if it wasn't issued by the military it isn't needed or to be used" Civilian dress and standard razors were the only thing non-issue. They even provided the fleas in the straw mattress.
And so after that, how long was it before they shipped you off to the Somme?

Don't need it right away, but some kind of hot sauce/chilli powder etc really made IMPs much better. That's an easy one to share between your section, and places like MEC have ones for camping that have a half dozen different spices in small subdivisions in a single container, so if you want garlic powder, pepper or whatever instead that's a sweet option, and takes up basically no room.

But yeah, a sense of humour and patience are both really key. You'll spend a lot of time hurrying up to wait and other artificial situations to create stress, so if you can laugh about it you are golden.

Back