• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Medical Review Boards (....?)

Redneck052

Inactive
Reaction score
I know that it has been some time since I have posted anything, or since I have been on the site.  But for those that know me, you know that my life has been very busy over the last year and a bit.

I do however have an important question.

I have been put on a P-Cat of G4O2.  And I have been told that my medical file will be going to Ottawa to be reviewed by the Medical Review Board.  Has anyone heard of anything positive coming from that process?  Is there hope left in my once promising career?  And my last question,  can anyone explain to me "simply" what all happens, and the processes that goes with the P-Cat, and How I can save my career?

I look forward to any advice, hopefully the wealth of information here can help me down the right path.

Talk to you all soon,

As always,

"....Through!"

Redneck.

Lineman with G4...hmmm, got any civy job resumes done yet....just kidding.

Your file has gone to DMed Pol because your new PCAt is below your trade specs, which is the normal thing that happens. Two options which may occur:

1. your deemed unfit for your trade and therefor unemployable...you either be offerd a medical OT or given a medical release.
2. your accomadated as still being employable in your trade and you'll carry on doing your job with medical limitations. (more likely if you are MCpl or above)

It depends what the MO has written on your medical/2088 as your employment limitations.

As for your G4 it means this:

G4 - assigned to the member:

a. who, because of medical limitations inherent to the medical condition itself or because of the unacceptable risk to the health and / or safety of this person or to fellow workers imposed by the operational environment on the medical condition, is considered unfit for two or more specific military environments (i.e., sea, field, operational taskings or isolated postings);

b. who may be on prescription medications, the unexpected discontinuance of which, for even a few days, is considered likely to create an unacceptable risk to the health and / or safety of this person (or to co-workers);

c. who may require close proximity to medical services/ready access to physician-directed medical care; and / or

d. who generally requires scheduled medical care by a MO more frequently than every six (6) months.

:bullet:

As for which is likely for you, I haven't a clue, and won't hazard to guess.

Take a peak at some of my old posts on the subject.  I was untrained, given a Pcat of G2O3 and released because I do not meet the "universality of Service" principle.

tree hugger said:
I was untrained, given a Pcat of G2O3 and released

Well, yes of course you would be. Unlike, lets say, a 15 yr MCpl or a 22 Yr Sgt whose experience and training is still valuable to the CF, and can still be gainfulluy employed in other roles, such as training establishments.

Thats why they look at each case on an individual person / trade specific basis.

Back