• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The Few. The Proud. The break a leg to get out of war."

DiamondDarryl

Inactive
Reaction score
"The Few. The Proud. The break a leg to get out of war."

http://www.yikers.com/video_marine_breaks_his_leg_to_get_out_of_work.html

Disgusting. This is absolute crap. I read in a caption from another web site that he just finished his subsidized university. Cant they throw these cowards in jail or something. I really do hope they are not real marines.

DiamondDarryl said:
Disgusting. This is absolute crap. I read in a caption from another web site that he just finished his subsidized university. Cant they throw these cowards in jail or something. I really do hope they are not real marines.

If they are indeed Marines I've no doubt their esteemed colleagues will quickly break the as yet unbroken limbs in swift order.

I've never understood why the uni isn't paid after completed military service. Onus on student to get the loan, than the military covers loan repayments after the first military contract.

TMM said:
I've never understood why the uni isn't paid after completed military service. Onus on student to get the loan, than the military covers loan repayments after the first military contract.

Nonsense.

We can and will continue to assess the future careers of officers on their accomplishments at the end of high school, invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in them, and hope they a) stay in, and b) are useful.

The Germans train the opposite way, making a prospective officer train as a Private/Junior NCO first - but there are already threads on this topic.

It would be a lot easier for them to simply crank eachothers arm...  ::)

What morons.

It is not just the Marines........I have seen it in the Cdn Army to get out of exercises!

You saw a Canadian Soldier break his leg to get out of an ex?

GO!!! said:
You saw a Canadian Soldier break his leg to get out of an ex?

I've heard of different accounts of things like this taking place (time period was around the 80's) in the Canadian Army as well, but they were just that... accounts. I've never witnessed anything personally.

Roger that,

In 1 CER we used to go to Chilcotin all the time for our ex's. I saw a guy hitting another guys leg with a pick handle. I left.

2023 said:
Roger that,

In 1 CER we used to go to Chilcotin all the time for our ex's. I saw a guy hitting another guys leg with a pick handle. I left.

I guess exercises there really sucked or something?  No blue rockets?

2023 said:
Roger that,

I wonder who could have been the CO at the time  ;D

In reality, would you really want this jackass in your platoon. Better off with out him. We used to call people like that MIR warriors. These people should be thrown in jail for the maximum term, for self inflicted injury, and discharged from service, effective the day he is released from prison, dishonourably.
..coward

aesop081 said:
I wonder who could have been the CO at the time  ;D

Rhymes with "Go Swervy"  Waaaaaaay before your time, Pat.

jasper said:
We used to call people like that MIR warriors.

Ah.. MIR COMMANDOS

We had a song about MIR Commandos but I can't remember how it went.

A special kind of troop..  they come in limping/favouring their left leg and
would leave limping/favouring their right leg.  I saw a few at Meaford back
in 95.  I'm sure the more experienced medics here have way more experience with them.

My father used to refer to them as the S,L & L Parade, standing for Sick, Lame and Lazy.

Kat Stevens said:
Rhymes with "Go Swervy"  Waaaaaaay before your time, Pat.

I thought it would have been the guy with "apple" in his name .........

Back