• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The disability award "top up".....not until 2017?

• Thread starter Words_Twice
  • Start date
Simian Turner said:
Today, I received my letter through "VAC My account" requesting confirmation of Address, Banking and Direct Deposit.  Uploaded completed documents.  No $ amount mentioned in correspondence.

Received a secure email from VAC this evening with amount, should see deposit in 7 days. Satisfied with the amount.

geekgirly said:
I've also only received the form to confirm my mailing address/bank account information.  Now radio silence. I guess we just have to be patient.  :-\

Patience is indeed a virtue!  Got my letter on Friday morning with the amount.  Now just waiting for the deposit.

Patience is indeed a virture.  I still have not even received my letter and when I was speaking with them on Thursday afternoon, the woman on the phone eluded to the fact that I had been forgotten about as there was nothing even done in their system yet

Corvin said:
Updated my info via the My VAC site last Friday, got my letter with an amount today.

Will update once I get the money in the bank.

Money showed up in the bank today.

Simian Turner said:
Received a secure email from VAC this evening with amount, should see deposit in 7 days. Satisfied with the amount.

Deposit received and allocated to renos.

PuckChaser said:
They wanted address confirmation despite having RX'd benefits less than 2 years ago. Still waiting on a letter stating what I will be receiving as a top up, and when it will show up.

Deposited the other day. Still have no idea why I needed to reconfirm address and info. Typical VAC I guess.

For those who still haven't gotten their increase:

I still hadn't received anything from VAC, so I sent them a message via My VAC Account asking where my money was.  The next day it was direct deposited into my account (same account my ELB goes into).  Didn't get a reply from them, and I never received the letter stating it was going to be deposited.  And FWIW - the amount I got was 5 figures.

me.me said:
And FWIW - the amount I got was 5 figures.

::)

Top up depends on what you received as an initial settlement.  YMMV...

Mine was six figures....but there was a decimal in there... $XXXX.xx.    ;D

I sent a message in Sunday afternoon. Haven't heard back... so waiting as fast as I can.

Back