• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The disability award "top up".....not until 2017?

• Thread starter Words_Twice
  • Start date
CampCricket said:
Letter yesterday... money in the bank today... looks like VAC is on top of things for a change.
Mine too. Pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Simian Turner said:
Today, I received my letter through "VAC My account" requesting confirmation of Address, Banking and Direct Deposit.  Uploaded completed documents.  No $ amount mentioned in correspondence.

I got the same thing this morning. Asked for VAC1117 to be filled out updating banking info and address. Funny thing is I did all that over a month ago through MyVAC online. Guess I'll wait a little longer for my money...at least it is coming!
All that and a claim I put in last August just went from Level 3 to COMPLETE, hopefully in my favor!!!

Simian Turner said:
Today, I received my letter through "VAC My account" requesting confirmation of Address, Banking and Direct Deposit.  Uploaded completed documents.  No $ amount mentioned in correspondence.

Got the same today.

The money wasn't there earlier in the day but by the end of the day, it was.  Revenue Canada will  be so pleased to see that.

jollyjacktar said:
The money wasn't there earlier in the day but by the end of the day, it was.  Revenue Canada will  be so pleased to see that.

Tax free isn't it?

Lightguns said:
Tax free isn't it?

It is, but the back pay I received last fall apparently wasn't taxed enough, so I have a Trump sized huuuuge tax bill this year.  In one hand and right out the other and I'll still be under.  It makes me not as keen to see what back pay will come when we get sorted out back to 1 Apr 2014.  So to sum up, I am thankful that this has come as it did as I really needed it.

Ahhh, back pay, I don't miss those days.  Seeing your tax bill jump by 6000 bucks all for an extra 15 bucks a month in your bank.

I'm pleased to report that my top-up arrived yesterday in the bank. That was fast.

I am sure it is hoped that some feathers might be unruffled within the veteran communities.  I will say that this bit of carrot is better than the stick we were getting before.

Rifleman62 said:
You don't think this is Hush Money do you?  ;D

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone...

Seriously, it sure put smiles on a lot of people here.

Are there any others who haven't heard anything? All I got was a form to confirm address and banking information...

I've also only received the form to confirm my mailing address/bank account information.  Now radio silence. I guess we just have to be patient.  :-\

Just received a phonecall because I emailed to ensure they received the banking verification and was told expect to see it in a week or two..

I'm waiting as well, but I've been repaying an over-payment from my ELB off of my PIA/CIA, so I figured I'd be later while they calculate the changes.

They wanted address confirmation despite having RX'd benefits less than 2 years ago. Still waiting on a letter stating what I will be receiving as a top up, and when it will show up.

Updated my info via the My VAC site last Friday, got my letter with an amount today.

Will update once I get the money in the bank.

Back