• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The disability award "top up".....not until 2017?

• Thread starter Words_Twice
  • Start date
Got my letter dated 02 April saying the money is to be deposited within two weeks....here's hoping....

Got my letter on My VAC Account. Site was crashed for awhile.

Seems as if I will be seeing money too in a couple of weeks.  Will help with the tax bill this year, yay.  In one hand and out in the other.  The House always wins it's true.    :(

I guess the notification letters might be "starting" to go out on April 1st, as I haven't received anything in MyVAC inbox yet?

geekgirly said:
I guess the notification letters might be "starting" to go out on April 1st, as I haven't received anything in MyVAC inbox yet?

Are you expecting a large amount? (Obviously don't need to answer) But the title of my letter was something along the lines of "Lump sum payment of less than 18000$" So maybe there is a separate letter that will go out later if its for a higher payment.

Nothing in my inbox, and no ability other than sending a secure message to tell them I did what they wanted and confirmed my address/direct deposit info.

Love the spin job done by the Liberal PR team. Any news release should have read: Payments up to $360,000 retroactive (but not really) to 2006. They nickel and dimed Veterans to avoid paying out more money, on a budget that had a $30B CAD deficit. A true retroactive payment would be giving me $1500 more than what I'm likely to get using those calculations posted, and that's with 2 claims totalling 10%.

100% disabled vet getting $250,000 in 2006 should be getting $110,000 top up, instead will only get $47,674.20.

Yeah I agree, mine is short of about 1500$ as well of what I was expecting. It was really poorly phrased when they originally announced it.

slayer/raptor said:
Yeah I agree, mine is short of about 1500$ as well of what I was expecting. It was really poorly phrased when they originally announced it.

Deliberately so. Make it seem better than it actually is, pure used car salesman fine print.

"Are you expecting a large amount? (Obviously don't need to answer) But the title of my letter was something along the lines of "Lump sum payment of less than 18000$" So maybe there is a separate letter that will go out later if its for a higher payment."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not quite sure how much to expect, but your assumption would make sense considering the title of your letter. 

slayer/raptor said:
It was phrased exactly how they wanted it phrased.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

For those who haven't recieved any notice I have read elsewhere that VAC was sending the letters in batches of 2500 vets at a time so my guess is this whole week people will be notified.

geekgirly said:
"Are you expecting a large amount? (Obviously don't need to answer) But the title of my letter was something along the lines of "Lump sum payment of less than 18000$" So maybe there is a separate letter that will go out later if its for a higher payment."

Got mine today and my topup was about $35k, so looks like they are all being mailed/sent at the same time.

Teager said:
For those who haven't recieved any notice I have read elsewhere that VAC was sending the letters in batches of 2500 vets at a time so my guess is this whole week people will be notified.

Any thoughts on what order the batches are going out in?  I haven't received anything yet from a payout in 2007.

Kokanee said:
Got mine today and my topup was about $35k, so looks like they are all being mailed/sent at the same time.

Just got my notice today as well.  Nice, as last week, I won my appeal on my 90's injuries.  Car paid, truck paid, house is will be next now.  Finally, set up nicely for retirement.  God is good......

Corvin said:
Any thoughts on what order the batches are going out in?  I haven't received anything yet from a payout in 2007.

My NVC covered injury was 2013 and I just got notice.

Funds were in my bank account this morning vice mid April.

Lightguns said:
My NVC covered injury was 2013 and I just got notice.

Piecemeal approach then, I have a 2013 claim and still radio silence.

Letter yesterday... money in the bank today... looks like VAC is on top of things for a change.

Today, I received my letter through "VAC My account" requesting confirmation of Address, Banking and Direct Deposit.  Uploaded completed documents.  No $ amount mentioned in correspondence.

Back