• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The BV 206 status

Davidc

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a new guest on this site, viewing from Edmonton. I am interested to know whats happening with the remaining BV 206 fleet? Are these machines still in use today or are they going the way of the dinosaurs? I have some time as an operator and quite a bit more time as a mechanic on the Haggs. They are a great off road unit (The ultimate ATV) if highly maintained!! On the other hand, they can be a nightmare if neglected!! I have viewed a few old postings, but don't see anything recent. Does anyone know what their status is?

A couple are used in MB by CFSSAT for the SERE course.

A bunch sit in a lot at the 202 workshops...

Damn, I loved driving this puppy.

They're especially fun while travelling down glaciers in Alert ... really fast.  ;D  Beats the normal crazy carpet ride anyday.

I was coming home tonight and a truck load of them on a flat bed passed me by. at least i think it was the BV 206, it was track and tracks and a glass wind shield and boxy. I am guessing they  were headed to Petawawa ,i saw them at renfrew

FormerHorseGuard said:
I was coming home tonight and a truck load of them on a flat bed passed me by. at least i think it was the BV 206, it was track and tracks and a glass wind shield and boxy. I am guessing they  were headed to Petawawa ,i saw them at renfrew

Did they look like this??

BV-206 in CFS Alert:

they  were dark green  i did check the forces website before posting . it was green and certainly looked like a BV 206. at 2 on the flatbed heading west towards Petawawa from renfrew.......lots of equipment travels by here often. LAVs, what  i would swear was a bison but had a large square box on the back ( some sort of mod i guess)  going east thru  Ottawa Saturday. Living close to Petawawa I see lots .....but these i am almost certain were BV 206

FHG,
As 3rd from Pet are the primary user in the area, thier BVs might be returning from refit in Montreal.

And they are the cats meow to drive...but only in the winter. They work well in winter, the colder the better. They tend to overheat in the summer.

Davidc said:
Are these machines still in use today or are they going the way of the dinosaurs?
Keep an eye out for them well-off in the background when you watch the Olympics next year. 

Back