• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thank you both

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Thank you both

Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball from Zephyr ON Canada on April 23, 1999 at 11:17:29:

In Reply to: Re: Yes, Jules, I‘ve seen Geoff‘s website posted by Michael A. Dorosh on April 21, 1999 at 13:38:57:

Thank you both for your kind comments! ‘Tis a labour of love, but one which only proceeds according to the amount of spare time allotted me by business and domestic schedules.

Presently, there are in excess of 120 pages up so far, but I fully anticipate up to 300 by the time it‘s done. I would like to see many more synopses of regimental histories and campaigns presented as per the sections on Ortona and the 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment. If anyone has any unique article concepts they might like to discuss with me, please feel free to email me at any time! There are many fine history sites on the web, and I have no inclination to try to out-do them... so my niche is to exploit the visual aspect of this medium and present to the uninitiated and enthusiast alike a new perspective on the Canadian Army Overseas. In particular, I was both dismayed and delighted to realize the true level of ignorance elsewhere in this world with perhaps the exception of the Netherlands about our contributions in WW2. Perhaps we can change that! If nothing else, it‘s been a satisfying experience to-date, as I find myself with a sudden, truly international ring of significant contacts.

In the interim, I shall plough on as best I can. Your comments, criticisms and suggestions are always welcome!

Regards,

Geoff

P.S: I should also take this opportunity to state for the record that I‘ve only just discovered this Forum in its new iteration, and have had a lot of laughs keeping up with you guys. Would that we could put all of us in one room some day!

Maple Leaf Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back