• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Double Check

LifeInTheForce

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've read a post or two on here regarding tattoo's but i just wanted to make 100% sure.

I'm interested in joining the RCMP, and applying very soon. My entire family has been involved in the police force, my uncle is the chief of TPS in Ontario, my father's best friend is RCMP etc. I also just worked security for the G20 screening people entering, and made MANY friends in the RCMP while there, and even found a few trying to slip past security :p

I have a lot of references, I'm a semi-professional mixed martial artist, and; in my opinion, intelligent enough to do well on the testing.

My only concern is I am about to book an appointment for a full sleeve of tribal work. I have many other tattoo's, but they are easily covered by a shirt. I'm wondering if the sleeve will affect my employment at all. If absolutely necessary i would agree to wearing a full sleeve shirt all year round, though I would obviously prefer not too.

Any insight?

PS: If you were at the G20; Whats goin' on!?

If you know so many cops why don't you ask them?

Anyways, a quick search found me this..
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/47791.0

This may be your best bet though.. contacting a RCMP Recruiter
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting-recrutement/selection/contact-contactez-eng.htm

The RCMP doesnt care about tattoos having no tattoo policy. They cannot be vulgar or offensive- and that because it reflects poorly on the force and could affect community relations. Not because of a policy.

Some places , like E DIV, have flirted with making visibly tattooed members wear long sleeves.

But it will not keep you out.

Hey guys, I've read a post or two on here regarding tattoo's but i just wanted to make 100% sure.

I'm interested in joining the RCMP, and applying very soon. My entire family has been involved in the police force, my uncle is the chief of TPS in Ontario, my father's best friend is RCMP etc. I also just worked security for the G20 screening people entering, and made MANY friends in the RCMP while there, and even found a few trying to slip past security

I have a lot of references, I'm a semi-professional mixed martial artist, and; in my opinion, intelligent enough to do well on the testing.

My only concern is I am about to book an appointment for a full sleeve of tribal work. I have many other tattoo's, but they are easily covered by a shirt. I'm wondering if the sleeve will affect my employment at all. If absolutely necessary i would agree to wearing a full sleeve shirt all year round, though I would obviously prefer not too.

Any insight?

PS: If you were at the G20; Whats goin' on!?

As of current the RCMP has no tattoo regulations. Currently one is in the process of being made for AFTER you join the force you can no longer get visable tattoo's but as long as before you join you have them your safe.

VIA - my parents both mounties.

You should really be asking all those high priced professionals, and the MANY friends that you know and madeĀ  in the various police units.

BTW are you saying that your uncle is Blair, the chief of TPS in Ontario? The same guy speaking out in favour of keeping the long gun registry and the head of the CACP? Just wonderin'.

Back