• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer job after enrollment?

Joe-lemm

Inactive
Reaction score
I am in a bit of a dilemma. My enrollment ceremony is on the 30th of June, so does that mean I will not be able to continue at my current part time job since I will be on leave without pay?

Thanks
  Joe

Regular Force?
Reserves?
Have you been given a course date for BMQ?

Going in as an Aerospace Control Officer, attending RMC Kingston. My enrolment administration is on June 28th, and as stated before, the ceremony is June 30th.  Thats all the info I have been given so far. 

Joe

If you are attending RMC Kingston the Joining instructions are online at the RMC website. You need to be at RMC Kingston on Saturday August 14th.

I have had the same dilemma as per the part-time job. Im going civi university. With the help of the good people on this forum it was quite easy to find the information.
The Rotp 2010-2011 thread has the dates and the links for both RCM Kingston and St-Jean.

I dont yet have my swearing in dates but based on the RMC St-Jean joining instructions I was able to let my employer know when I would be leaving.

Joe-lemm said:
So does this mean I can keep my summer job after I am sworn in?

I would speak to your CFRS. I beleive that you can if there is no conflict of interest, however to ensure that you're good to go the only way to find out is to ask your recruiter. They'll let you know if you're stepping outside the lines.

The obligatory reference is QR&O 19.42
19.42 – CIVIL EMPLOYMENT       

(1)  Subject  to  paragraph  (3),  no  officer  or  non-
commissioned member on full-time service shall engage
in  any  civil  employment  or  undertaking  that  in  the
opinion of the member’s commanding officer:

(a) is or is likely to be detrimental to the interests of
the Canadian Forces;

(b)  reflects  or  is  likely  to  reflect  discredit  upon  the
Canadian Forces; or

(c)  in  the  case  of  members  of  the  Regular  Force,  is
continuous.

(2) No officer or non-commissioned member on full-time
service shall authorize the use of the member’s name or
photograph  in  connection  with  a  commercial  product,
except so far as the member’s name may be part of a firm
name.

(3) Except that an officer or non-commissioned member
shall not engage in any civil employment or undertaking
that  reflects  or  is  likely  to  reflect  discredit  upon  the
Canadian Forces, this article does not apply to a member
who is :

(a) on leave immediately preceding release; or   

(b) on leave without pay.

As you shall be on leave without pay, you should be good to go. Presuming that said employment would not reflect discredit upon the Canadian  Forces of course.

I was told that under ROTP, you could still maintain a part-time job on top of your monthly subsidy while in university (pizza delivery guy or what not).

I wonder how that fits in there. I'm assuming that while in ROTP, one is not considered to be a regular force full time member or something?

hold_fast said:
I was told that under ROTP, you could still maintain a part-time job on top of your monthly subsidy while in university (pizza delivery guy or what not).

I wonder how that fits in there. I'm assuming that while in ROTP, one is not considered to be a regular force full time member or something?

No, you are very much so a regular full time member. Such employment has to be deemed, by your commanding officer, to not be detrimental to the interests of the CF, to not reflect discredit upon the CF, and not be continuous, in accordance with para (1) or QR&O 19.42.

Back