• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stop the plublicity of JTF-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Stop the plublicity of JTF-2

Posted by Concerned Citizen on April 24, 1999 at 20:14:36:

In Reply to: Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future posted by Sgt. Tyrell Cdt on November 06, 1998 at 16:31:19:

Lately the issue of Canada‘s JTF-2 commandos has
frequently been brought up as a result of the war in
Kosovo. As an elit fighting unit, secrecy is paramount
for many reasons. The main one being to protect our
troops lives, and that of others who may depend on them,
like innocent civillians. Also, there is the idea that
the more the enemy knows, or anyone for that matter, there
is a much greater risk that something could go wrong.
It is a weakness for the enemy to know who and what is operating
and where. So, please, respect that Canada‘s finest have a job to do,
and what they need least is being in the public‘s eye.
Some things are better left unknown, lives count on it.
Do your job as a Canadian citizen and let them get on with
their activities.

Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future

Posted by Ivan Stewart Mr. from St.Albert AB Canada on April 25, 1999 at 16:13:10:

In Reply to: Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future posted by Mark Bossi on November 12, 1998 at 08:00:50:

The concept of turning Canada‘s "hard" infantry reg‘ts into a total JTF II concept is naive at best. A JTF that large is diametrically opposed to the "special forces" role. I have served in both the British Army and the Canadian Irish Guards and PPCLIand I believe that JTF II is in the growing/learning stage right now.

Other spec. ops. units have a tremendous head start on the Canadians. The SAS have been doing this since 1941 and are nearly always on "operations" somewhere in the world in either a direct or advisory role. I will guarantee you that once JTF II is properly trained and experienced, our government will mis-employ them....I can see them laying in a hide calling in fire missions on "Battle Bridge" in Wainwright...just like Recce Pl.

The Canadian government doesn‘t have the balls to keep an counter-terrorist unit up the sharp end. It clashes too much with Canadian sensibility. And soon enough we will once again be the poor cousins to the Brit‘s and the Yanks...Yes I too have been on exercises were we kicked American butt nearly always!but we come across as "also rans" and wannabe‘s. In order for JTF to become a success a new paradigm has to emerge. No more of this ****ing UN Peacekeeper bull****...trust me I know all about spending six months filling sandbags in Cyprus. As a government and a people we must make a concerted effort to train and develop JTF II with exchange programs, realistic training and adequate financing. The personnel must be second to none i.e. A currently serving member of JTF is an aquaintance of mine and quite frankly is a "****ing waste of rations!" There has been a mass exodus from the infantry in the last 10 years...a lot of them good men who got sick and tired of the governments treatment of the army...and the constant expectation to do more with less. A lot of the troops that were left over from that exodus and are still serving leave a lot to be desired.

So, again, let JTF II mature and lets see what emerges and lets hope I‘m wrong

Ivan Stewart

Posted by Ivan Stewart Mr. from St.Albert AB Canada on April 25, 1999 at 16:14:02:

In Reply to: Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future posted by Mark Bossi on November 12, 1998 at 08:00:50:

The concept of turning Canada‘s "hard" infantry reg‘ts into a total JTF II concept is naive at best. A JTF that large is diametrically opposed to the "special forces" role. I have served in both the British Army and the Canadian Irish Guards and PPCLIand I believe that JTF II is in the growing/learning stage right now.

Other spec. ops. units have a tremendous head start on the Canadians. The SAS have been doing this since 1941 and are nearly always on "operations" somewhere in the world in either a direct or advisory role. I will guarantee you that once JTF II is properly trained and experienced, our government will mis-employ them....I can see them laying in a hide calling in fire missions on "Battle Bridge" in Wainwright...just like Recce Pl.

The Canadian government doesn‘t have the balls to keep an counter-terrorist unit up the sharp end. It clashes too much with Canadian sensibility. And soon enough we will once again be the poor cousins to the Brit‘s and the Yanks...Yes I too have been on exercises were we kicked American butt nearly always!but we come across as "also rans" and wannabe‘s. In order for JTF to become a success a new paradigm has to emerge. No more of this ****ing UN Peacekeeper bull****...trust me I know all about spending six months filling sandbags in Cyprus. As a government and a people we must make a concerted effort to train and develop JTF II with exchange programs, realistic training and adequate financing. The personnel must be second to none i.e. A currently serving member of JTF is an aquaintance of mine and quite frankly is a "****ing waste of rations!" There has been a mass exodus from the infantry in the last 10 years...a lot of them good men who got sick and tired of the governments treatment of the army...and the constant expectation to do more with less. A lot of the troops that were left over from that exodus and are still serving leave a lot to be desired.

So, again, let JTF II mature and lets see what emerges and lets hope I‘m wrong

Ivan Stewart

Posted by Tim St.Onge from Halifax NS Canada on November 10, 1998 at 16:02:45:

In Reply to: Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future posted by ****ey on November 07, 1998 at 04:48:26:

Yes, and yes again. Now let‘s see what the big-guns say...

Posted by Rodney MacDonald from Miramichi NB Canada on April 26, 1999 at 17:13:17:

In Reply to: Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future posted by Tim St.Onge on November 10, 1998 at 16:02:45:

I think the CF made a good move in taking it over from the RCMP

Posted by jason on April 27, 1999 at 11:47:44:

In Reply to: Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future posted by Sgt. Tyrell Cdt on November 06, 1998 at 16:31:19:

Yes it is !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back