• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Still Learning

WayneDraper

Inactive
Reaction score
Just got done reading papers from when my father was in the RCAMC.  It states that  he was with the 37th Field Ambulance.  Are they still active?  It also mentioned that he served at Barriefield in Cobourg Ontario. Any idea what part of Cobourg it was in?  He also served in England in 1943 at Bramshotte General Hospital.(Not sure spelling is correct.) That is the spelling that I can make out.  How do I find out where in England that is?
As I read papers I come across one that states my mother served in the Militia with the 7 Signal Regiment R.C. Sig's.  Are they still active?  This all goes into my Family Tree so my grand kids will know about their great Grandparents.
So any help is important to me.  :cdn:

Tks

Barriefield is just east of the historical boundary of Kingston and is now part of the City of Kingston. It is also the location of CFB Kingston, formerly known as Camp Barriefield.

WayneDraper said:
Just got done reading papers from when my father was in the RCAMC.  It states that  he was with the 37th Field Ambulance.  Are they still active? 
Tks

No.

It also mentioned that he served at Barriefield in Cobourg Ontario. Any idea what part of Cobourg it was in? 

Barriefield is located as explained by AJFitzpatrick. However, there was a large Army Ordnance Depot located in Cobourg, probably on the east side of the city along the main RR line near Lake Ontario. (There were CF rifle ranges near Cobourg until the 1980's: I shot on them). As far as I can see, there are no traces of this depot left today.

He also served in England in 1943 at Bramshotte General Hospital.(Not sure spelling is correct.) That is the spelling that I can make out.  How do I find out where in England that is?

I believe it is "Bramshotte". Try Google Earth, or any good online map search for UK. My guess is it is in the South, possibly near Aldershot Camp.

As I read papers I come across one that states my mother served in the Militia with the 7 Signal Regiment R.C. Sig's.  Are they still active

No: as part of the Unification process in the early 1970s, all Militia Signals units were redesignated "Communications Reserve" units and assigned from the Army to what was then called "Communications Command". There has been talk for the last decade that the CommRes units would be re-assigned back to the Army Reserve, but as far as I know that hasn't happened, although the units themselves often work closely with their local Army Reserve units.

Good luck with your research.

Cheers

Back