• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St Jean Graduation Night off *Time Sensitive

Shrek1985

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a buddy graduating on the 19th of july from basic in st. Jean quebec and his fiance wants to come see him. It's much cheaper to book a hotel room a month in advance, but she isn't sure when he will have time to see her.

Apparently they normally get a night/day off the week before the parade, but she isn't sure when. She has been waiting to hear back from him, but time is of the essence. Now as I understand it 3rd-hand from her the night off is the same night every graduation, this from my buddy who has seen a number of courses graduate before him.

I would like to know what she can expect to pass it on to her so she can book the transport and room.

Thank you

Might want to check the grad dates as the next graduation is:

R0493E (R11) & R0494F (R12) July 18, 2013

Shrek1985 said:
Is there a resource somewhere to verify that?
http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/cfc-ecc/dc-cd/index-eng.asp

And to add.....

Family members and friends of the graduates are invited to the End of Course Ceremonies.

The ceremonies take place on Thursdays at 2 pm in the HD-4 Building located at the Saint-Jean Garrison. Guests must be seated no later than 1:45 pm on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking spots are also available for the guests.

After the ceremony, a reception takes place at the O'Mega Mess, located in the Jean-Victor-Allard Building, for the graduates, their families and their instructors. After the reception, with their instructors' approval, graduates can go out for the evening with their families, but will have to return to the School no later than 9:30 pm.

The evening prior to the End of Course Ceremony, from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm, with their instructors' approval, graduates can welcome guests at the main building entrance and shall proceed to the O'Mega Mess or the cafeteria. Graduates might be granted permission to have supper outside.

A few weeks before the End of Course Ceremony, candidates will be informed of the procedure to gain permission to meet their respective families and friends for the evenings before and after the End of Course Ceremony

Lol, sounds like my buddy's brain is just about done for after basic. Thank you for the help, this is just what I needed.

Its not 100% guaranteed they will get time off. When I went through, my course did however I know of courses that didn't. It is up to the staff's discretion. As of time off, it could range from just an hour to 4 hours, it isn't a 6 hour to overnight foray. Just make sure she is aware that a night off isn't guaranteed.

Last time I went through, 2 of the 3 courses were allowed out for the evening.  The 3rd course had their evening out cancelled because too many people were rubbernecking at personnel passing out on the grad parade.

Back