• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some Simple Questions

wingman25

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,
I have a few questions, I have come here, through copious amounts of online searching, appointments with RORs, BORs, Unit ORs and various phone calls with CMs, Release sections, etc. Very few solid answers coming through and I am curious if anyone has gone through the same or close to situation.

1. Has anyone released with less then 10 years, and what did/how much did the Transfer Value and the Cash in Hand come too? I am fairly certain it will fill the allowed RRSP amount,

2. Someone, who currently does not have a valid contract due to major clerical error, was posted and in turn released, are they entitled to a move? I have read, and received mixed answers about this, anywhere from CMs, all the way to Clerks. I have asked, and pretty much gotten nowhere, or a point in this direction or in that one, and still leaves me in full circle.

3. Without a valid contract, what are the release conditions, is it true it falls under 30 day release due to no TOS? Once again, I have been told many things by clerks, and CoC alike.

Thank you,

OK, I'm sure someone will be along. However, please fill us in on the situation with as much detail as possible to allow those that wish to help, understand the exact problem(s).

Your answers may depend on the situation of facts of the case, instead of a bunch of what ifs, maybes, depending on where the individual is or what the individual is doing.

If you don't tell the whole story, you're likely to get the same conflicting information you've already received.

wingman25 said:
Good Afternoon,
I have a few questions, I have come here, through copious amounts of online searching, appointments with RORs, BORs, Unit ORs and various phone calls with CMs, Release sections, etc. Very few solid answers coming through and I am curious if anyone has gone through the same or close to situation.

1. Has anyone released with less then 10 years, and what did/how much did the Transfer Value and the Cash in Hand come too? I am fairly certain it will fill the allowed RRSP amount,

Depends on your rank and age on release, together with the interest rate used for the calculations.  Too much individual variation to provide any meaningful information.  However, generally the amount comes in two parts: one into a locked in RRSP, the second is taxable in your hands, but can be rolled into RRSPs (not locked in) provided you have available contribution room.

wingman25 said:
Good Afternoon,

2. Someone, who currently does not have a valid contract due to major clerical error, was posted and in turn released, are they entitled to a move? I have read, and received mixed answers about this, anywhere from CMs, all the way to Clerks. I have asked, and pretty much gotten nowhere, or a point in this direction or in that one, and still leaves me in full circle.

3. Without a valid contract, what are the release conditions, is it true it falls under 30 day release due to no TOS? Once again, I have been told many things by clerks, and CoC alike.

Thank you,

1.  No idea, only your release section can provide that information.

2.  CFIRP Chapter 14  --->  http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2014-directive-ch14.page#sec-14-02

3.  Normally DMCA will issue a 60-90 extension to your previous TOS to allow time to offer you a new TOS.  If you refuse/turn down the offer, you would be released as a 4.b. based on what you would have been released under had the new TOS been offered and you turned it down.

wingman25 said:
Thank you DAA,
Response and assistance was very helpful.
Thanks!

My pleasure.  That's what the site is all about.  Members helping members, where we can.

Your question was specific to your situation but you never know, it may have help out others.    :salute:

http://army.ca/subscribe/

Back