• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some sidetrack....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?

Nope I want to send him on all expense paid trip to paradise.

couchcommander: You're right on the point. You can even see some arab nations like Jordan, Egypt Qatar, Morocco, Muritania beginning to initiate diplomatic contact. it is also rumored in the mid east many of the Arab countries have unofficial contacts with Israel. The problem though is not land as much as status of the people (aka the Palestinian refugees). This was the BIGGEST obsticle since the Oslo accord. Many people were driven from their homes because of war, when Israel gains these lands, it converted it to settlements, so Palestinians had no home to go to ! The Arab states wouldn't accept them, Israel doesn't accept them, the PA doesn't want to deal with them.

All the sudden it seem the Palestinians are the Jews but in a futurestic environment.

This is why I don't like to argue about this issue, it has been argued before, alot of BS and distorted facts on both sides and quite frankly I don't think there is hope for peaceful end. You're now talking about 2-3 generations of Palestinian refugees living with no home or identity. Reminds me with the Kurds !

paracowboy: ya, and everyone against Israel is anti-semite. It is also funny how that phrase is thrown in always with no knowledge of its meaning. Arabs are also semite.

tamouh,

You have yet to answert Michael O'Leary's question:

Perhaps you can answer this for me: with the increasingly prominent claims of "peaceful Islam" trying to distance itself from terrorist acts, why haven't Islamic communities worldwide been more prominent in identifying those within their communities who might be preparing to commit such acts?  Wouldn't such peace supporting initiatives actually support the image of "peaceful Islam" which some seem so determined to push to the fore?

I don't believe in something called "peaceful islam" , "peaceful christianity" or "peaceful judasim" or even "peaceful world". Everyone interprets things the way they like them to be and act based on what they think is right or wrong. This is why there is left and right !

Just wanted to add this food for thought:

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20040803-100123-9674r.htm

Al Azhar's grand sheik, one of Islam's most influential figures, is unequivocal: His faith stands for peace and justice.

But, I guess that's just his personal choice.

tamouh said:
paracowboy: ya, and everyone against Israel is anti-semite. It is also funny how that phrase is thrown in always with no knowledge of its meaning. Arabs are also semite.
yeah, I know. We've had interesting discussions on Semitism, Falashim, Ashknenzai, etc. Not to mention Persians vs Arabs vs Turks, etc. Believe or not, quiet a few people on this site know quite a bit about the Middle East/North Africa and it's history.

(Yes, I know it's locked, but the point should be raised that we're not arguing from complete ignorance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back