• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

You know what? This is a great idea.

I can't count the number of times I've been 'saved', in one way or another, by making the choice to layer with wool undergarments. Which I have usually had to purchase myself at great cost.

Having 4 different weights to choose from is also a great idea.

Well done on this one, CAF! ;)
Just like the updates to clothing in 1997-2005 this is a welcome change. We are a slow beast but we do change.

Just like the updates to clothing in 1997-2005 this is a welcome change. We are a slow beast but we do change.
Yes and sometimes that is a good thing. Too many jump on the latest fad only to be undone by it and costing more in the long run.

So first option is basically a replacement for the current t-shirt/underwear combination. Why is the second option partially seethrough, I can already see the Op Honour complaints.

Also, how am I supposed to be able to tell the difference between them when I dig into my rucksack in complete darkness?
You bring the pair that best matches the environment ? Much like how I don’t need to figure out if it’s my Parka or my rain jacket in my ruck.

Honestly some people are so quick to assume the worst of any situation and the idea that trained soldiers can’t do what’s standard in the outdoor activity world is beyond me. Christ, maybe we should go back to wooly pull over sweaters and puttees.

7v016Rx.jpg

U82CgFu.jpg

This looks like great kit, now hopefully the RCN will by into this as well and finally ditch the cotton thermal underwear that is useless in a wet environment.

This looks like great kit, now hopefully the RCN will by into this as well and finally ditch the cotton thermal underwear that is useless in a wet environment.
They will prob complain that it is brown :ROFLMAO:

Wait…whose uniform is that going to be?
That is the TRIAL version of the Army's new Canadian Combat Uniform Ensemble (CCUE). Because it is a trial uniform it is in brown the final version WILL NOT BE BROWN, it will be CADPAT MT (Multi-Terrain). The army has tested the camouflage pattern and now they are testing the fit and function of the uniform. How well do you like the pockets, do the zippers work, how does it fit in the crotch....

That is the TRIAL version of the Army's new Canadian Combat Uniform Ensemble (CCUE). Because it is a trial uniform it is in brown the final version WILL NOT BE BROWN, it will be CADPAT MT (Multi-Terrain). The army has tested the camouflage pattern and now they are testing the fit and function of the uniform. How well do you like the pockets, do the zippers work, how does it fit in the crotch....
I have seen one of those uniforms in the wild. A 2 CMBG soldier on course in Gagetown. Looked very similar to current uniform but better fitting cut.

Less Velcro is also good.

Back