• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Site Administration Site upgrade, please report problems

Pertains to site upgrades, performance, and general operation
Might be just my computer/internet but I was having 504 Gateway errors this afternoon (29 Sep 22, 1320 hrs EST) trying to access the site.

Attachments

• 1664300748887.png
    1664300748887.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1664300827902.png
    1664300827902.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
The database server was overwhelmed with connections. I don't know a root cause, but a reboot fixed it. I'll keep an eye out for trouble, as this could indicate a bigger issue.
Happened again this AM (Eastern Time).

Completely missed it that time, and of course everything looks fine at the moment. Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to keep a closer eye on things.

On the site via Google Chrome on my Android device.

In the comment writing areas, I cannot use any of the hot buttons up top of the comment box (I.e. text formatting, impeded images, GIFs, etc.)

I have cleared my cache and the problem persist.

Are the buttons absent, or visible but not functioning? I don’t have a recent android device to test with but all is working on iPhone.

Android 10 user here, buttons appear and work for me.

Naked Gun Panic GIF

So the buttons appear, including the 3 dot drop down, but when I try to select an option like GIF or even modifying text, does not select anything. Buttons visible but no action.

I have tried swapping to another browser and even swapping to desktop mode, still no joy.

I am on Android 12 though so hmmm

Funny how the gummies trolls just do two posts, I guess they just need to meet their own quota across various websites.

Not sure if it's possible with the forum software, but you might consider banning new users from inserting links or having active links in their posts for the first 10-20 posts. That might help stop the "Attack of the gummie bears"

That's a good idea, not sure it's possible but I will look into what we can do.

Not sure if it's possible with the forum software, but you might consider banning new users from inserting links or having active links in their posts for the first 10-20 posts. That might help stop the "Attack of the gummie bears"
But what will Kratz and I do then when we wake up at all hours of the night??

I’m not sure if this affects anyone else, but my iPhone browser doesn’t let me click the top bar (messages, alerts, etc) anymore.

What mobile app (if any) do you guys use?

I'm on and iPhone with Chrome and all buttons/bars appear to work ok.

Back