• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

signed a 5 yr, already trained, can i release 2 yrs in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsure

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm already posted, done bmq and my ql3, and a year at the regiment. So I'm 2 years in and want to VR, can i do it?

unsure said:
I'm already posted, done bmq and my ql3, and a year at the regiment. So I'm 2 years in and want to VR, can i do it?

What did your section commander tell you ?

it is so complicated why i am, but i just want to know if it's happened before. i dont want to get too into detail because im on the wall about it.

unsure said:
it is so complicated why i am,

Beleive me, i dont want to know the details. Your section commander however, will be able to help you.

Friend of mine VR'd after BMQ and a few days before his DP1 started at Meaford. Talk to your section commander, s/he will get you to write a memo to start the process. As CDN Aviator said, your section commander will be your first step in the process, and might be able to help you think of a different solution that just VR if at all possible.

From the news, around 1 - 1.5 years ago. A would-be officer/pilot (he was an officer for sure, but foggy if he was a pilot) learned that he will be posted to A-stan after he got trained. So he requested to be released. He had to pay for his own ticket home though when he got released. My guess is that they let him off easy since not much money has been invested into him yet.

That makes no sense what so ever... Pilots do not get posted to A-stan.... nobody does... I think you are talking about the case of Francisco something-or-other, who was was training to be an officer in the militia.  He claimed he was slated for A-stan, which was total BS.  The media showed how ignorant it is of the way the CF operates by reporting it.

The question has been answered. Go see your CoC and tell them you want to release.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back