• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Seven Canadian soldiers injured in two IED attacks

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Seven Canadian soldiers injured in two IED attacks
Updated Thu. Jan. 17 2008 9:37 AM ET CTV.ca News Staff
Article Link

Seven Canadian soldiers were injured in two incidents Wednesday, both involving suspected Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).

The soldiers only suffered minor injuries but the incidents mark the latest in a string of IED attacks against Canadian soldiers.

The first incident Wednesday occurred at 12:05 p.m. local time in the Panjwaii district, about 35 kilometres southwest of Kandahar city.

The second incident took place at 2:45 p.m. local time in the same area, during the patrol operation called Teng Azem (Steadfast).

The soldiers were evacuated by chopper to hospital and six of the seven injured have since been released.

On Tuesday, Trooper Richard Renaud, of Alma, Que., was killed in southern Afghanistan when his Coyote armoured vehicle struck a roadside bomb. Another soldier was injured in the incident.

On Monday, another IED blast rocked Panjwaii district but resulted only in property damage.
More on link

Get well soon and give em hell!
Time to hunt down the dirty dog & shut down his bomb-making factory

Allons y!

I'm relieved to hear that six of the soldiers have been released from hospital.  As always my prayers go out to all the soldiers and civilians around the world who are working to make this a better world. I wish the seventh soldier and any civilian wounded full and speedy recoveries.  Keep up the good work.

At least all will recover, and this is good news!

Wes

Hopes for a speedy recovery for all!

Back