• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have gotten the call anywhere from 6 months to a year or two after being merit listed. There is not set in stone date.

leroy707 said:
One more question, after how long on being on the list would you assume you won't get the call?
Its hard to say. If youre on the list that means your apt enough for the trade. Just cross some fingers, make some calls, and work on past failures.
leroy707 said:
Is it possible to be merit listed and never get the call?

If you are merit listed and dont receive a call for the first selection of your trades, you should take some courses be it night school, highschool, third party courses, college courses, etc... This will only add to your file and should with any luck raise your competativeness level...
Just my opinion based on everything ive read on here..
Dont get discouraged if you dont get a call right away, keep your head up, work on some old grades, and work out.

Ive seen a few examples of guys having waited 5+ years, but I believe that was their own doing; postponing their application to pursue other things.
Those are few and far between though..

Yeah I am in no hurry I was only listed a couple months ago so no need to panic right now, my time will come eventually

leroy707 said:
Yeah I am in no hurry I was only listed a couple months ago so no need to panic right now, my time will come eventually

good [wo]man! Hope you get your call soon buddy.

To those that already have start dates, were you called in the morning or afternoon?

SarahRad said:
To those that already have start dates, were you called in the morning or afternoon?
Dont think it really matters, they call you when they have your job offer and have a few minutes to give you the offer.
My call lasted approximately 15 minutes and involved verbally accepting the offer. Being asked a series of relationship questions for benefits and to classify you as common law, single or married. Contact information confirmation. And being informed of an email to follow the verbal confirmation with written as documentable proof.

The email included a second offering of employment to be replied to in the affirmative or negative, a link to a website outlining everything to have upon arrival at cflrs, the date of your swearing ceremony (sometimes determined later on), the date of your bmq, 3 documents to fill out (two of which required for the swearing in and one for the first day of bmq) and some various personal specific information.

The three documents are;
the NOK identification - next of kin
The ECN - emergency contact notification
And;
Security clearance form (330-60E I believe)

Dont get hung up on exact and specific times for contact. It happena when it happens.

As far as having an autobiography written out..
Have fun finding some 8-1/2 x 14 paper... I ordered 3 pads of 50 sheets for 5$ a pad... No where carries it on hand, only catalogue.

steiner0400 said:
Dont think it really matters, they call you when they have your job offer and have a few minutes to give you the offer.
My call lasted approximately 15 minutes and involved verbally accepting the offer. Being asked a series of relationship questions for benefits and to classify you as common law, single or married. Contact information confirmation. And being informed of an email to follow the verbal confirmation with written as documentable proof.

The email included a second offering of employment to be replied to in the affirmative or negative, a link to a website outlining everything to have upon arrival at cflrs, the date of your swearing ceremony (sometimes determined later on), the date of your bmq, 3 documents to fill out (two of which required for the swearing in and one for the first day of bmq) and some various personal specific information.

The three documents are;
the NOK identification - next of kin
The ECN - emergency contact notification
And;
Security clearance form (330-60E I believe)

Dont get hung up on exact and specific times for contact. It happena when it happens.

As far as having an autobiography written out..
Have fun finding some 8-1/2 x 14 paper... I ordered 3 pads of 50 sheets for 5$ a pad... No where carries it on hand, only catalogue.
Oh wow thanks for all the info! It's good to know that it's a longer call. My work is fairly lenient about cell phone use at work (especially for important stuff like this),  but if it's that long I'll make sure to wait for a break to return a missed call.

I guess 3pm on a Friday afternoon is safe to say they won't be making calls today. Does anyone know if the RCs are closed Monday for the holiday on Tues?

SarahRad said:
Oh wow thanks for all the info! It's good to know that it's a longer call. My work is fairly lenient about cell phone use at work (especially for important stuff like this),  but if it's that long I'll make sure to wait for a break to return a missed call.

I guess 3pm on a Friday afternoon is safe to say they won't be making calls today. Does anyone know if the RCs are closed Monday for the holiday on Tues?

From everyone ive talked to and everything Ive read on here; theyre almost all regionally dependent.... No saying what ones are open or closed. Best of luck.
Also, currently in the reply screen and cant remember when the last selection date was, when was selection for your trades SarahRad?

steiner0400 said:
From everyone ive talked to and everything Ive read on here; theyre almost all regionally dependent.... No saying what ones are open or closed. Best of luck.
Also, currently in the reply screen and cant remember when the last selection date was, when was selection for your trades SarahRad?

Selection for my trade was June 23rd.

SarahRad said:
Selection for my trade was June 23rd.
Give it until NEXT Monday before you start to worry about being selected... I know the wait between selection date and the call feel like an eternity. Been there... Ive also been impationt but I waited for my call and I leav in exactly 4 weeks.

Just take it easy, continue to push your abilities in the gym and in running especially. The call will come when the rc has your offer

steiner0400 said:
Give it until NEXT Monday before you start to worry about being selected... I know the wait between selection date and the call feel like an eternity. Been there... Ive also been impationt but I waited for my call and I leav in exactly 4 weeks.

Just take it easy, continue to push your abilities in the gym and in running especially. The call will come when the rc has your offer

I've noticed that every other selection date I've seen on here has had a roughly 7-10 day wait for a phone call. I know I'm still a bit early here, but only by a few days. Last month there was 2 selection Mondays in a row which is why there was like 2 straight weeks of people getting phone calls.

I'm trying not to be impatient. I've had much longer waiting times for other jobs (that I didn't get unfortunately) but I can only have every single person I know ask me "have you heard yet?!" on a daily basis for so long before I scream. :p

SarahRad said:
I've noticed that every other selection date I've seen on here has had a roughly 7-10 day wait for a phone call. I know I'm still a bit early here, but only by a few days. Last month there was 2 selection Mondays in a row which is why there was like 2 straight weeks of people getting phone calls.

I'm trying not to be impatient. I've had much longer waiting times for other jobs (that I didn't get unfortunately) but I can only have every single person I know ask me "have you heard yet?!" on a daily basis for so long before I scream. :p
Inforn them that you will let them know when you know..?

AlphaBravo said:
I was talking about scheduled dates about medical and interview. I was told by my file manager that the way processing is now not everyone gets a medical and interview. After the CFAT they decide whether or not they're going to process you further, and that's even if you qualified for your trades. If you qualify for your trades but are deemed not competitive enough they offer other trades or tell you that they will not be continuing processing.

In my case I am still being processed, and I am waiting for a medical and interview scheduled date, I just can't call them up and ask for a medical and interview scheduled date.... I have to wait for my file manager to contact me.

When the recruiter called me to schedule a medical/interview he congratulated me. He said not everyone is sent through to this stage anymore. Makes sense to me, if your CFAT and other factors aren't competitive why bother spending the time and money on medical and interview.

Househouse said:
A while ago, perhaps in this thread perhaps in another, DAA (the one who seems to know everything) said that DEO selection boards were on July 23. Although I'm sure it depends on trade... it's never simple.

Looks like the conversation here: http://army.ca/forums/threads/114680.0

Some debate over last week of June and last week of July. Possible it's both with varying trades?

halifamous said:
Can anyone verify this? i can't find the original post this is referring to and the search function is disabled.

::)

Like so many who are having trouble finding things, it can usually be traced back to their not READING, first the conditions of membership to the site, and then such "STICKIED" topics as this:

BEFORE YOU POST - READ THIS:

Read that, and then pass it along to ALL your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back