• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sea King Retirement information

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
The venerable CH124 Sea King Helicopter will retire from Canadian service on 31 December 2018. For those of you interested in following the retirement story or even attending the retirement events in Victoria, BC on 30 Nov-01 Dec 18, please visit:

www.skr18.ca

See you at the party!

Sir,

Who is the guest of honour going to be? When I spoke to Col McM he was tight lipped about it.

I'll be going for sure!

AirDet

The guest of honour issue is still with the Chain of Command.

Really, though, the guest of honour is everyone who ever served in or around Sea Kings. Whether you you flew them, fixed them, supplied them, controlled them, or sailed on the same ship as them- all are welcome to attend the events and take part in what is certain to be an epic end of an aviation era in Canada.

SeaKingTacco said:
The guest of honour issue is still with the Chain of Command.

Really, though, the guest of honour is everyone who ever served in or around Sea Kings. Whether you you flew them, fixed them, supplied them, controlled them, or sailed on the same ship as them- all are welcome to attend the events and take part in what is certain to be an epic end of an aviation era in Canada.

Shania Twain would look awesome in a tight jumpsuit singing from one of your 'downriggers'..... just sayin'  ;D

What do they use them for? Are they rebuilt?
Nope. Straight out of military livery. Most of the gear is still installed in the back. I would assume that Rotormax will eventually try make some money out of them, if they can get Transport Canada to certify them as civil aircraft…

Back