• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

School and Infantry

556ofdemocracy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering, does selection into the Infantry depend on ones high school marks?
(I used the search tool, but nothing pertained to the information i was looking for)

The Recruiting Centre administers the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) to identify areas where you may best succeed in the military.

That being said, there are minimum standards for enrolment.  Just reaching the minimums does not guarantee acceptance; if your high school marks show that you aren't willing to apply yourself that may be one factor against you.

The CFRC looked over and said that they liked what they saw in regards to my marks, but I don't think infantry has any specific requirements for marks other than the grade 10 math.

I have a few comments here:

1. In the infantry you are constantly learning. Learning new tactics, techniques etc. When you progress in rank, whether NCM or Officer, you continue to learn. You will learn your whole career. In the upper levels (MWO, CWO) you start to take a bigger picture view. That requires a new mind set, where you start to think on a national and international level. It's very challenging.
2. Some of the smartest people I know are infantry soldiers and infantry officers. Many of my troops have or are working in university degrees. They are creative and tend to "think outside the box" rather than let past traditions dictate solutions.
3. Some of the new technology evolving is very detailed ( ie 25mm LAV 3, and its systems) You don't hand over the keys to this kind of weaponry to a dunce.

Roger...OUT?  :warstory:

OldSolduer I agree with your comments. But there are also a good hand full of less educated guys in the infantry as well....Some that shouldnt have been allowed to join...

Kevins833 said:
OldSolduer I agree with your comments. But there are also a good hand full of less educated guys in the infantry as well....Some that shouldnt have been allowed to join...
Agreed, BUT some of these less well educated serve a purpose as well. Everyone has their niche in life.

Back