• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP Selections FY 2021-2022

My perspective of the military and RMC has changed since I joined and has changed many times. I had the shittiest attitude when I joined.. everything just seemed to be so different than what I was used to. Stuff like being led by younger people becomes normal. You just accept it like SupersonicMax mentioned. You might be paired with someone you don't like or hate but you will have to work with them. During FYOP you will be with about 15 other first years working on inspection prep, obstacle course training or doing PT cause you missed a ridiculous timing. In that group of 15 or so kids some of them may be unathletic, some might say dumb shit every 2 seconds, and there might be some incompetent people. You will just have to deal with those kids and learn each other's strengths and weaknesses. Those 15 people may become your lifelong friends. You might hate them during FYOP, and become best friends by graduation. And I wouldn't judge someone from just the 3 weeks of fyop they are probably a different person once all the FYOP stressors are gone. Some people are calm amidst chaos, others make bad decisions and some just break down.

One last piece of advice for fyop... Do not screw over your flight mates. If FYOP staff asks you "how much time do you need to get ready for an inspection" don't be a showoff and say 5mins when you may clearly need like 15mins or more. You'll just end up doing PT until everyone is burnt out and will have to redo the inspection again and everyone will hate you for that period. and if you miss the timing again big yikes... Shit like that happened multiple times no wonder I was fucking pissed. These younger idiots (17/18yr olds) just made us work harder and faster and rewarded us with PT every fucking time due to their lack of judgement. Idk it seems common sense to me to opt for more time, I guess people just don't think straight in stressful situations. Pick up on the hints as well. Like what I mean, if you ask for 15 min and they give you 13min for a task and the next time you ask for 11min and give you 9 min for a task. In this case, you'll notice that they will shave 2min of the time regardless of whatever time you ask for. So if you need 15minutes to do something and you know they will shave off 2min, then ask for 17min instead. This time shaving happened with us frequently, and no one realized it.

Come here with a great attitude, come here open-minded, support each other during FYOP and it's not about you anymore. BMOQ and FYOP can be awful because it's just a bunch of 17 and 18-year-olds who only care about themselves. I heard last year's fyop was awful because kids couldn't get along with each other. Bet it's gonna be the same this year cause teenagers just can't seem to get along. When you don't get along with each other staff will make you get along with each other by mandatory fun time lol. Happened with us during BMOQ, north door trips every fucking day. (Going to the north doors means your platoon fucked up or is incompetent, you do PT until everyone's burnt out)

Anyways I'm out of here. Good luck with FYOP and ROTP. I understand the military isn't for everyone, but your first year of ROTP is a free trial. I suggest you complete the first year and if you do decide to release and some of you will. Ask others around about what made them stay.

My perspective of the military and RMC has changed since I joined and has changed many times. I had the shittiest attitude when I joined.. everything just seemed to be so different than what I was used to. Stuff like being led by younger people becomes normal. You just accept it like SupersonicMax mentioned. You might be paired with someone you don't like or hate but you will have to work with them. During FYOP you will be with about 15 other first years working on inspection prep, obstacle course training or doing PT cause you missed a ridiculous timing. In that group of 15 or so kids some of them may be unathletic, some might say dumb shit every 2 seconds, and there might be some incompetent people. You will just have to deal with those kids and learn each other's strengths and weaknesses. Those 15 people may become your lifelong friends. You might hate them during FYOP, and become best friends by graduation. And I wouldn't judge someone from just the 3 weeks of fyop they are probably a different person once all the FYOP stressors are gone. Some people are calm amidst chaos, others make bad decisions and some just break down.

One last piece of advice for fyop... Do not screw over your flight mates. If FYOP staff asks you "how much time do you need to get ready for an inspection" don't be a showoff and say 5mins when you may clearly need like 15mins or more. You'll just end up doing PT until everyone is burnt out and will have to redo the inspection again and everyone will hate you for that period. and if you miss the timing again big yikes... Shit like that happened multiple times no wonder I was fucking pissed. These younger idiots (17/18yr olds) just made us work harder and faster and rewarded us with PT every fucking time due to their lack of judgement. Idk it seems common sense to me to opt for more time, I guess people just don't think straight in stressful situations. Pick up on the hints as well. Like what I mean, if you ask for 15 min and they give you 13min for a task and the next time you ask for 11min and give you 9 min for a task. In this case, you'll notice that they will shave 2min of the time regardless of whatever time you ask for. So if you need 15minutes to do something and you know they will shave off 2min, then ask for 17min instead. This time shaving happened with us frequently, and no one realized it.

Come here with a great attitude, come here open-minded, support each other during FYOP and it's not about you anymore. BMOQ and FYOP can be awful because it's just a bunch of 17 and 18-year-olds who only care about themselves. I heard last year's fyop was awful because kids couldn't get along with each other. Bet it's gonna be the same this year cause teenagers just can't seem to get along. When you don't get along with each other staff will make you get along with each other by mandatory fun time lol. Happened with us during BMOQ, north door trips every fucking day. (Going to the north doors means your platoon fucked up or is incompetent, you do PT until everyone's burnt out)

Anyways I'm out of here. Good luck with FYOP and ROTP. I understand the military isn't for everyone, but your first year of ROTP is a free trial. I suggest you complete the first year and if you do decide to release and some of you will. Ask others around about what made them stay.
If you're still around, I have one nagging question left. What's the difference between the mil indoc week and FYOP? Is the mil indoc week in place because of Covid, and is it meant to cover rifle and parade drill?

If you're still around, I have one nagging question left. What's the difference between the mil indoc week and FYOP? Is the mil indoc week in place because of Covid, and is it meant to cover rifle and parade drill?
i think mil indoc is like learning the basic/necessary military stuff like how to march and how to adress officers andt stuff like that, whereas FYOP is bringing you up to the standards/history of RMC as well as preparing you for the obstacle course. If you want, i can send u the link to the discord for RMC class of 2025 and it hass the joining instructions and any other info

i think mil indoc is like learning the basic/necessary military stuff like how to march and how to adress officers andt stuff like that, whereas FYOP is bringing you up to the standards/history of RMC as well as preparing you for the obstacle course. If you want, i can send u the link to the discord for RMC class of 2025 and it hass the joining instructions and any other info
Yes, please do. Thanks!

Hello,

i just have a few questions again.
I received my offer last friday for Logistics officer taking engineering , which I’m really happy that I made it.
However, I said I wanted air focre logistics if I get in, and I said I really do not want to be in the navy. I got selected for navy logistics, so I emailed the centre and asked them if they can switch. I understand it’s a purple trade, so i can get navy, but would there be a chance to get air force as I asked? i will probably get an answer this week, but I was wondering if there is a chance.

Also, I am going to try to change my occupation to any of AERE,AEC,AOO as I wanted these trades, since didn’t make it. I just want to change logistics to air force in case changing occupations won’t be available

thank you

Hello,

i just have a few questions again.
I received my offer last friday for Logistics officer taking engineering , which I’m really happy that I made it.
However, I said I wanted air focre logistics if I get in, and I said I really do not want to be in the navy. I got selected for navy logistics, so I emailed the centre and asked them if they can switch. I understand it’s a purple trade, so i can get navy, but would there be a chance to get air force as I asked? i will probably get an answer this week, but I was wondering if there is a chance.

Also, I am going to try to change my occupation to any of AERE,AEC,AOO as I wanted these trades, since didn’t make it. I just want to change logistics to air force in case changing occupations won’t be available

thank you
Let me know what they say. Received a Log O BEngineering offer for Land element a few hours ago. Land is fine, but I also put in for Air Force. Air Force is probably saturated with applicants, or those who had first pick for Air Force have already received such an offer.

A friend of mine(3rd year) is in the same situation. They are army logO and want to switch to air logO.
This is the response given by the RMC BPSO
"So the process is basically a memo to your career manager through your CoC requesting that you change elements. The more convincing your memo is the more likely it is to work, but realistically speaking, it's a long shot and they rarely get approved."

I ain't a recruiter. But it seems like you got 3 options.
1) Reapply next year as only air force (no clue if you can for purple trades)
2) Try switching when you are at RMC (but remember it's a long shot and it rarely gets approved)
3) Stay in whatever element your in.

Like I said I ain't a recruiter so talk to them instead. But if I was a betting man these 3 options would be it.

A friend of mine(3rd year) is in the same situation. They are army logO and want to switch to air logO.
This is the response given by the RMC BPSO
"So the process is basically a memo to your career manager through your CoC requesting that you change elements. The more convincing your memo is the more likely it is to work, but realistically speaking, it's a long shot and they rarely get approved."

I ain't a recruiter. But it seems like you got 3 options.
1) Reapply next year as only air force (no clue if you can for purple trades)
2) Try switching when you are at RMC (but remember it's a long shot and it rarely gets approved)
3) Stay in whatever element your in.

Like I said I ain't a recruiter so talk to them instead. But if I was a betting man these 3 options would be it.
From my understanding the best option is to try to switch before you accept your offer. I’ve heard from multiple places that as long as they have an opening, asking to switch before you accept is very simple. It’s gets much more difficult if you try to switch at any other point in your career.

So I asked the recruiter and they said it's unavailable as the air spots are all taken and the selection is almost done. I'll go into the school and try to change my occupation.

So I asked the recruiter and they said it's unavailable as the air spots are all taken and the selection is almost done. I'll go into the school and try to change my occupation.
Make sure you’re happy doing whatever trade you go in for, odds of switching is generally pretty low.

Make sure you’re happy doing whatever trade you go in for, odds of switching is generally pretty low.
Yeah 100000% this. Switching trades/environment is never guaranteed. Go straight into something you want to do for the rest of your life and your preferred environment.

Yeah 100000% this. Switching trades/environment is never guaranteed. Go straight into something you want to do for the rest of your life and your preferred environment.
More for 5 years, the length of obligatory service,

I got on to the Competition List for ROTP Infantry very late, like June 3, 2021. Does anyone know if they are still selecting RMC applicants or is it a little bit late at this point?

I got on to the Competition List for ROTP Infantry very late, like June 3, 2021. Does anyone know if they are still selecting RMC applicants or is it a little bit late at this point?
The RMC arrival date is July 31st for Kingston, I would assume that you will have until then to receive an offer for ROTP and to be enrolled. Don't worry bro, you will prob get an offer, they will keep sending offers out until they have filled every single spot.

are there any storage compartments? does all the civy clothing/toiletries/military kit get stored in your room? or is some separated from you?

are there any storage compartments? does all the civy clothing/toiletries/military kit get stored in your room? or is some separated from you?
Each building is different. In my building (Fort Sauve) you get 2 large closets. One for your stuff, other is for inspection stuff.(Guess you could throw stuff into the inspection one but will have to get it ready every week for inspection.) There's also a vertical drawer to put stuff in. And there's space under the sink (personally I use that for cleaning supplies/laundry detergent ). There's also storage lockers for any extra stuff you have. Dimensions are probably 0.5m x 1m for the base and height is about 1.5m.

Do OCdts use Oxfords or the ankle boots?
Is there any point in polishing the pair of ankle boots I have?
Thinking of buying another set from surplus.

I received the flight ticket to Tornto on Jul 31, then I need to take a train to Kingston.
I'm just wondering any staff will be in the Pearson International Airport to meet us ?
Thanks

Back