• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP selections FY 2020-2021

tr1234 said:
Does anyone know when the selection date for the May rounds? Anyone received offers recently for ROTP?

I would assume it would be the end of May. Much like what you saw already with some people in this thread hearing about their selection 1-2 weeks ago.

Have patience and faith. After we compared notes via PM, you are certainly a better candidate than myself.

There are sporadic offers that can get issued post-May and even into September.

I was recently talking to a friend and he said his recruiting centre said that a selection for ACSO would occur May 19~ 

Got an offer a few weeks ago from RMC for Naval Warfare Officer! In the letter I received it was mentioned that basic wouldn't happen this summer due to covid... Anybody know when they would have it? I know its split into 2 summers but from what I hear there isn't a lot of spare time in the 4 years that they could fit it back in.

Charters said:
Got an offer a few weeks ago from RMC for Naval Warfare Officer! In the letter I received it was mentioned that basic wouldn't happen this summer due to covid... Anybody know when they would have it? I know its split into 2 summers but from what I hear there isn't a lot of spare time in the 4 years that they could fit it back in.

Your training will be delayed. ROTP candidates are confined by the academic year so you may end up having to do whatever is usually done in Summer 3 before your 4th year, in Summer 4 after your graduation. It won't be the last time something is delayed or changed in your career.

Does anyone know what this means "Whether or not you require long-term storage for your belongings while away at basic training? ".

tr1234 said:
Does anyone know what this means "Whether or not you require long-term storage for your belongings while away at basic training? ".

Context?  Source?

Sent to me by a recruiter asking me to reply to the questions he asked through email. This was one of the questions. This was after I accepted my offer for ROTP.

Then it means exactly as worded.  He wants to know "whether or not you require long-term storage for your belongings while away at basic training".  If you own stuff, what are you going to do with the stuff that you can't take to basic training.

When it comes to making the final decision with regards to what fall semester will look like, is it the public health officials that decide or is it up to individual universities? Did anyone get info regarding the upcoming academic year from RMC?

No news, yet. We probably won't find out closer to July. There's a chance though that we'll be starting out distance learning. Personally, I think the upcoming academic year should be distance learning, but I'm not a health official/provincial politician. Also, you'll be informed by your recruiting office. You could fire them an email/phone call, but I don't think people can answer that question at the moment.

Hey boys,

I’m still holding my breath out here, but I think my chance has gone. I’m in selection for NWO, but there has been no communication on my progress other than my medical is still under review in Ottawa. Should I move on?

Tubst3rz said:
Hey boys,

I’m still holding my breath out here, but I think my chance has gone. I’m in selection for NWO, but there has been no communication on my progress other than my medical is still under review in Ottawa. Should I move on?

No, wait it out. Selections are still going on.

"Quebec applicants for aircrew jobs cant go do their ACS because of the interprovincial travel restrictions."

Thats what my ccm told me today. Only one person from Quebec got the chance to go to Trenton for an Aircrew Selection Test since septembre. Do someone know when this restriction will be removed or when more Quebec applicants will have the opportunity to do the CFAST.

Thanks to all.

Has anyone heard anything for ROTP FY 2021-2022?
I was placed on the competition list for ROTP FY 2021-2022 back in mid December. The captain who conducted my interview told me that offers usually start going out in March, but I'm unsure if that would be delayed because of COVID-19. Have you heard anything?

I was placed on the competition list for ROTP FY 2021-2022 back in mid December. The captain who conducted my interview told me that offers usually start going out in March, but I'm unsure if that would be delayed because of COVID-19. Have you heard anything?
Hi! I was placed in the competition list about a month ago. Unfortunately I haven't heard any news yet. I've heard of offers going out between Feb-May in the previous years but yeah I guess COVID could delay things. Hopefully we hear something in March!

I came back from Aircrew Selections for Pilot on Feb 2, thankfully passed this time after failing my first attempt in Jan 2019! I'm done the medical/interview, all I have left is the CFEME medical done in Toronto. Any Pilot applicants here done that recently? I'm in Ontario only a 30 minute drive from DRDC Toronto.

Hi! I was placed in the competition list about a month ago. Unfortunately I haven't heard any news yet. I've heard of offers going out between Feb-May in the previous years but yeah I guess COVID could delay things. Hopefully we hear something in March!
Hey boys,

Hi, I am in the same boat as you last year...did you end up getting the offer from RMC? not sure if offers are sent in summer as well. My application is also stuck on medical stage from over 2-3 months now. Thanks.

Back