• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retiring?? Things They Don't Tell You at Release Section

sabot41

Inactive
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but thought it important enough to start a new one. I retired in 2001 after 23 yrs. Dental coverage was explained as a one time shot to sign up for so no big deal, I signed up. After working at a defense engineering company for 4+ yrs I was laid off and of course lost my company health coverage, I went back thru the pension people to "re-activate" my PSHCP and was shocked to learn I had a 3 month waiting period, so in fact my family and myself had no health coverage for what turned into 4 months. Once I met the waiting period and was signed up I knew never to opt out again, even though my new job has good company benefits, keeping the PSHCP is comforting to have in ones back pocket...so word to the wise, when you retire, keep both health and dental coverage...it is not explained well at the release section, that was for sure

Back