• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves and the RCMP (and Other Civilian Police)

Good luck Dean and thanks for the words. I am still trying to track down the DZ smock for you. I'll let you know as soon as I am back in MacKenzie #2 tartan.

Noneck

noneck said:
Anyway the LMD is always needing members, as long as you don't mind paying 600K for a detached home in the burbs.

+1

In case anybody just deleted the last E-NEWS message on ROSS, here is the Force announcement permitting members to join the PRes.
*Note that there is specific policy regarding approval for secondary employment. I have also taken the liberty of removing the POC's name and telephone # as I am sure that he wouldn't appreciate having it posted on a public BB. If you need it give me a PM and i'll forward it.

Cheers
Noneck

RCMP e-news 070504:

RCMP Members in the Canadian Reserves
In order to ensure appropriate responses in times of crisis, RCMP members  have not been allowed to serve in the Canadian Forces Primary Reserves. Recently, the RCMP and Canadian Forces have found themselves working in  conjunction with one another on various operations of national and  international importance.

The senior leadership of both organizations have recognized the value of  having personnel familiar with the workings of each others organization. To that end, Professional Standards and External Review Directorate has worked with the Canadian Forces to determine the feasability of having RCMP members serve in the Canadian Forces Primary Reserves. After a detailed consultative process, the RCMP has come to an agreement with the  Canadian Forces which will allow for this participation.

Professional Standards and External Review Directorate has amended the Secondary Employment and Outside Activities policy (AM XVII.1) which no longer prohibits this activity. Members are reminded that this activity is secondary employment which involves remuneration from another government agency. As such, authorization must be received from the appropriate decision maker prior to engaging in this activity.

If you require further information, contact *****************

Just to add to your Chapter 9 statement above:

CHAPTER 9

RESERVE SERVICE

Section 1 - Obligation to Serve

9.04 - TRAINING AND DUTY

(1) Subsections 33(2), (3) and (4) of the National Defence Act provide:

(2.1) Despite paragraph (2), a member of the Primary
Reserve who is a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted
Police may not be ordered to train if the member is required
to perform any duties under the Royal Canadian Mounted
Police Act
during the period of training. (22 February 2007)

and

(3.1) Despite paragraph (3), a member of the reserve
force who is a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted
Police may not be called out on service if the member is
required to perform any duties under the Royal
Canadian Mounted Police Act
during the period of call
out. (22 February 2007)

Luckily, the new commissioner of the RCMP is not a policeman.. so the Mounties can join us in the assault with no fear of being arrested by their boss

Thats good news.

We are getting back at least one (excellent) member that we unfortunatly lost, when he joined the RCMP.

I heard that the RCMP has gone back on their message and is now fighting with the military in regards to compensation if a Member get's hurt while on duty with the Reserves. Therefore all applications are suspended and no RCMP Members are being allowed into the Reserves until the problem is rectified. Has anyone out there heard otherewise or has anyone heard of an RCMP Member getting in?

Dissident said:
Thats good news.

We are getting back at least one (excellent) member that we unfortunatly lost, when he joined the RCMP.

That's what we thought but an ammendment just came out and Res MP are the exception.

medic_1 said:
I heard that the RCMP has gone back on their message and is now fighting with the military in regards to compensation if a Member get's hurt while on duty with the Reserves. Therefore all applications are suspended and no RCMP Members are being allowed into the Reserves until the problem is rectified. Has anyone out there heard otherewise or has anyone heard of an RCMP Member getting in?

We are still processing RCMP at CFRCs and nothing about this was heard.  Rumour for now. 

Just today, the Force announced Special Leave for members who are in the CF PRes. I will post a copy of the message ASAP.

It's all coming together!

Noneck

Interesting
Considering that (figuratively) only yesterday, RCMP constables weren't allowed to be members of the P Res
AND now RCPM P Reservists are entitled to special leaves?

Effing stupendous - what'll they think of next...

The title is"Special" Leave, however it's really only the same leave that other Federal employees get as well. As follows:

Special Leave for RCMP Members in the Canadian Reserves
1. The National Compensation Services (NCS) Policy Section and Professional Standards and External Review (PS & ER) Directorate are proud to announce that members of the RCMP wishing to participate in Canadian Forces Reserves training/activities can do so under the provisions of a new Special Leave Without Pay policy entitled Leave for Canadian Forces (CF) Reserve Training.
In May 2007, both the RCMP and the Canadian Forces came to an agreement that would allow RCMP members to participate in the Canadian Forces Reserves training/activities. Since that time, NCS and PS & ER have been working toward defining a new policy especially designed to accommodate members interested in an opportunity such as this, while ensuring policies accurately represent the authorities provided. The policy is now clear and ready for action! Members are reminded that authorization must be received from the appropriate decision maker prior to engaging in this activity. NCS is committed to maintaining modernized policy direction for the RCMP as it relates to Compensation Policies, Pensions and Benefits administration and systems. For specific questions related to this new policy, please contact your Regional Compensation Advisor or kindly refer to the RCMP’s Administration Manual, Parts AM 19-2, AM 20-3, and AM 20-4 for more details about Leave for Canadian Forces (CF) Reserve Training.

19.2. Special Leave With Pay
1. The CO/DG/delegate may grant special leave with pay and allowances, for a period not exceeding 10 workdays, to a member when there are exceptional circumstances and it is in the best interest of the RCMP.
NOTE: Special leave with pay and allowances will not be approved for educational, language or other training purposes.
2. The Commissioner may, on the recommendation of a CO/DG/delegate, grant a member special leave in excess of the periods identified in sec. 1.
2. 1. The request and recommendation must be forwarded to National Headquarters, ATTN: Director General, National Compensation Services.

20.3. Special Leave Without Pay
1. To request special leave without pay, a member can submit a memo through channels to the HRO.
2. The CO/DG/delegate may grant special leave without pay and allowances, for a period not exceeding 13 workweeks, to a member when there are exceptional circumstances and it is in the best interest of the RCMP.
NOTE: Special leave without pay and allowances will not be approved for educational, language or other training purposes except for Canadian Forces Reserve Training.
3. The Commissioner may, on the recommendation of a CO/DG/delegate, grant a member special leave in excess of the periods identified in sec. 2.
3. 1. The request and recommendation must be forwarded to National Headquarters, ATTN: Director General, National Compensation Services.
4. When special leave without pay and allowances is granted, the provisions of App. II-5-1 apply.

20.4. Leave for Canadian Forces Reserve Training
1. A member enrolled in the Canadian Forces Reserve may be granted special leave without pay when the leave conforms to the Reserve Forces Training Leave Regulations made pursuant to the National Defence Act. See ch. 20.3.

Right then, all recruiters form up outside the RCMP detachments and hand out photocopies of the above. Hint: Bring donuts - they'll pay more attention to you.  ;D

D&B- "Donuts"
Sir, this is the West Coast after all.....might I suggest lattes, biscotti and either a free Bikrams session or a colonic cleansing!

Noneck

Geez... wouldn't that interfere too much with their personal sapce and individual aura? perhaps gift certificates to the NAAM might be better? Or a donation in their name in carbon credits to mother Gaia

noneck said:
D&B- "Donuts"
Sir, this is the West Coast after all.....might I suggest lattes, biscotti and either a free Bikrams session or a colonic cleansing!

Noneck

I don't even want to know what a bic ramming colonic cleansing is.

Back