• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

reserve combat divers?

If your question is " can reservists become combat divers ? The the answers is no...reg force only.

There are a few divers posting on this site, they can fill you in on all the details but this question has been answered at lenght several times.....do a search

My regiment had 2 now were down to one. Were they trained while members of our unit. No. One is a WO reg whos just left our unit for his new posting and the other is a former 2CER diver. We recently had a guy atempt to get on the dive course but was unsuccessful. We have employed Combat   Divers before. Last year on Iron Pillum II 2CER was kind enough to send afew of their divers to Meaford to take part in the ex and they worked with us. And this summer that just passed on CAC,well a infanteer lost his rifle in the water crossing of a rope "bridge"(it was a rope hanging across the watter u had to swim across but u had the rope to help you through) b/c he didnt have a carabiner and he didnt follow the basic rules of knots "if you dont know how to tie proper knots, tie lots" so 2CER lent the excersise afew divers to pull the C7 outa the water in chalk bay. What it comes down to is #'s. I think 2CER sends like 5 or 6 guys a yr to do their Combat Diver Course(correct me if im wrong) with something like 50 troops(once again correct me if im wrong) taking part in the pre course to get chosen for the course.Not alot of room for reservists.

aesop081 said:
If your question is " can reservists become combat divers ? The the answers is no...reg force only.

There are a few divers posting on this site, they can fill you in on all the details but this question has been answered at lenght several times.....do a search

The question is do we need the ticket and if can we do it?
Yes we can if given the chance and have your support us. :salute:

You Reg.s have too start thinking out of your Box as 3Fd did with me and another   back in 76,77 and we   proved our selves that if given the chance we can work along side and even beat you guys.

Case in point.

The Annual Bridge Gallop

The Unit 1 CER set up a CP for us Rentals   (Mythical Field SQn   and   C.P. )
I was rad OP.
And what F'up that was us rentals were the only ones who   came up on the net after all the jammimg we were getting!

Hey you Divers know Forman eh!!

Well he came in our C.P. and starterd with the old French Officer etc. on you Regs.
We were the only station to go too the alter net.!
Yup so much for rentals!!
At least that Ex. we beat ytou Comm.'s .

Never undestimate the Dedicated   Rental :cdn: :salute:

And I are one. :cdn: :salute:

29 yrs and hoping for a few more Years

I'm going on 52 yrs of age now.
I don't want to see what I saw when I first joined were you Reg.s treated us a WOG'S.

I willl stand by the new  SAPPER   they are smarter than I was and   ( MY GOD !!)
Don't Drink!

When I joined we were all Piss Artrists and un educated but hard faced and learnt from Korean Vets.
The old Army

O.K.too many wobbly's ;) ;D :salute: :cdn:

Sounds like you've had a "Merry" Christmas Earl!   Have a good 'un and take 'er easy!

S6
:salute:
:cdn:

Back