• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

REMUSTERING/NCM-SEP

Well now that we have the grammar issues cleared up  ;D

The 12 week break was spent doing PT, organizing the library, making textbooks for courses, tours of various Navy facilities, and stuff like that.  Basically whatever they had to keep us busy for the summer.  However, because we did not have our basic, we were limited, 1 of the other guys that was qualified spent most of his time aboard a ship.

The holidays get used up for christmas break and then you are allowed to book whatever days that leaves over for some of the 12 weeks you are off. 

Yes your "time in" starts as soon as you sign the contract.  Like Melbatoast said, the book thing is a grey area, I am keeping mine for reference right now.

Thankfully this post is back on topic now I had almost given up hope when grammar seemed to be the focus as opposed to the initial subject matter  :salute:

Hello I Citizen, and anyone else reading.

Are you currently trying to enter the forces from the civilian sector? Or, like me, are you trying to re-muster into Weng Technician via the NCM-SEP program?
Are there any poster here that have information regarding the selection process after the PSO interview? Specifically I would like to know anything about how the Career Managers of each trade go about selecting who they want. Do they simply take the highest numerical score on the forwarded files from the PSO? Do they sit a board and discuss the qualities of the individuals applying? If anyone has any information about that please respond.

KobraKai said:
Hello I Citizen, and anyone else reading.

Are you currently trying to enter the forces from the civilian sector? Or, like me, are you trying to re-muster into Weng Technician via the NCM-SEP program?
Are there any poster here that have information regarding the selection process after the PSO interview? Specifically I would like to know anything about how the Career Managers of each trade go about selecting who they want. Do they simply take the highest numerical score on the forwarded files from the PSO? Do they sit a board and discuss the qualities of the individuals applying? If anyone has any information about that please respond.

I am trying to enter from the civilian sector. I was in the reserves from Oct. 04 - Jan. 06. I have no idea how any of the decisions are made. However, given that the trade always seems to be open and the recruiters practically salivate at any show of interest, I am sure they will take as many qualified bodies as they can get. Building on Hardav23's observation that he began school with spaces unfilled, one would assume that someone currently in the CF would be accepted carte blanche.

Does anyone know if this trade is applicable to the subs?

I said:
Does anyone know if this trade is applicable to the subs?

W Eng Tech?  Yes, in all four sub-occupations.  I believe only at the QL5 level and above, though.

Quick question here guys... I noticed that the course calendar for Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology - Renewable Energy lists it as a 2.3 year program. My recruiter also sent an email detailing the various courses eligible for this subsidy and it lists only "Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology" as a 2 year program with an asterisk stating that only the last two years of the course will be subsidized. Does this mean that there is the option to take the program without a Renewable Energy component or that the first quarter is mandatory and just not covered? Any light you shed on this will be greatly appreciated!

For anyone reading this forum and interested in taking prerequisites at Camosun in Spring semester, registration opened this morning and most classes are already half full.

That is the program that I have been accepted to. That program is the one offered through Camosun College and will fulfill requirements for teh trade.

I said:
Quick question here guys... I noticed that the course calendar for Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology - Renewable Energy lists it as a 2.3 year program. My recruiter also sent an email detailing the various courses eligible for this subsidy and it lists only "Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology" as a 2 year program with an asterisk stating that only the last two years of the course will be subsidized. Does this mean that there is the option to take the program without a Renewable Energy component or that the first quarter is mandatory and just not covered? Any light you shed on this will be greatly appreciated!

For anyone reading this forum and interested in taking prerequisites at Camosun in Spring semester, registration opened this morning and most classes are already half full.

That is the correct course, I am 3/4 the way through it right now. 

It almost sounds like they don't know what they are talking about, there is 7 - 3 month long semesters.  First one goes from +/- Sept 20 - Dec 20, Second from Jan 3 - Mar 25, Third from Apr 1 - Jun 30, Forth from Sep 20 - Dec 20, Fifth from Jan 3 - Mar 25, Sixth from Apr 1 - Jun 30, and Seventh from Sep 20 - Dec 20.  I just used rough days, may be +/- 5 days, but it gives you the general idea.

It almost sounds like they are talking about the Access program that is 2 semesters to get you prepared for the Electronics Engineering program, I did not take this but about 2/3 of the class (all civilians) took it.  While it probly would make your first semester easier it is not necessary, I have done fine without it.

Well, thanks again for all of the awesome information you guys have posted on here.

I am trying to work my budget out once I join and I was hoping one of you could give me a ballpark figure for take home pay for the first two years? I have read the pay scales and added PLD and deducted taxes but I don't want to budget off of my own calculation. Thanks a ton!

CDN Aviator said:
I wouldn't do that if i were you.

I have read elsewhere that as long as I am living in Victoria, I qualify for PLD at the local rate regardless of whether I am on ship or in school. Why do you caution me against adding it?

I said:
I have read elsewhere that as long as I am living in Victoria, I qualify for PLD at the local rate regardless of whether I am on ship or in school. Why do you caution me against adding it?

Factor it into your budget, but be aware that PLD is subject to change (or cancellation!) at the government's pleasure.  Don't make any financial commitments based on it always being there.  Live within your means based on salary alone.

I said:

PLD comes and goes. You might get amount X this year, Y the next.

That and, the future existence of PLD is not looking good right now.

I just wanted to share my progress with my pre-requisites at Camosun and some information on the E&C Eng. Diploma application process. Anyone reading this thread and thinking about doing the NCM-SEP program might find this information useful.

Finished Math137 with an A+. Gemma Cuizon is definitely the best professor teaching that course at Camosun.
Currently enrolled in Physics101 and Math115(pre-calculus). On my first day of class I applied to the diploma program. I just received my provisional acceptance letter from Camosun and it states that the next intake of students will most likely be 2013 because the 2012 class is already full.

If you are thinking about trying to get into the 2013 program then once you are signed up for your pre-requisites you can get your name onto the waitlist and have until the end of Spring semester 2013 to complete them. Good luck and see you around campus.

Sounds like you are making good progress.  Another good instructor for Math at Camosun, who you will more than likely have for 174A is Gilles Cazelais, but one of the guys I know that is in his first year said the instructor they had for 174B wasn't too good.  I have been lucky through the first 6 semesters to have excellent instructors for the most part.

I handed my application in this morning. I hope to be on a January BMQ. Good luck to everyone still slogging away at Camosun!

I said:
I handed my application in this morning. I hope to be on a January BMQ. Good luck to everyone still slogging away at Camosun!

Yah it will be nice to be done, 4 more months to go! :nod:  I will maybe see you at St. Jean if you are going in January, keep me posted.

I still haven't received word on my application. I did however just accept an offer from Camosun for a seat in the 2012 program! I was 11'th on the waitlist and managed to get in. If you are still waiting for a call there is a pretty good chance it may come sooner rather than later. The enrollment lady told me they needed some more bodies and most people were declining because they weren't prepared for such short notice. See you at Interurban!

Back