• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rejecting/moving a release date

upandatom

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright, well I am actually asking this for a friend and trying to help him out;

He requested a release, It was approved, and in turn he found and accepted gainful employment, in another province. D MIL C turned around and altered the decision on his release due to the state of the trade. Its a "green" trade, apparently, I am not to sure.

1. Do releases count as part ofthe in/out SIP numbers?
2. Is this a grievable matter(most likely a dumbass question, pretty much all is grievable if it shows cause for harm/damage/negative effects on person), and due to the sensitive timeline is there a process for speeding up said grievance,
3. Has anyone else gone through this on their own?
4. Any suggestions on the next step

From what I gather, the company has found someone else to employ, in turn recalling the offer.

He was trying to release without the 6 month waiting period? AFAIK that's up to D Mil C to approve or not. You can also grieve whatever you want, doesn't mean it'll get anywhere. He's already lost the job.

The process for him started last summer, so the waiting period had passed and some.

Did the member have less than 3 years of service?  If so, that is also a Restricted Release and D Mil C is the final authority.  Even if that isn't the case, something had to exist to make D Mil C the release authority and not the CO so there would be more to the story than meets the eye (obligatory service due to SEP?), otherwise D Mil C would not have been involved, at all.

There is no way to speed up the Grievance timeline.  D Mil C is also not entertaining the Member of Parliament intervention or hiring a lawyer with a threat to sue routes. 

No, No SEP, Not less then three years, on the 20 year plan(maybe 25)

I am fairly certain D Mil C has been keeping a very close eye on this trade because of the changes it has gone through.

Back