• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Force Pension to Reserve Pension

Ariconius

Inactive
Reaction score
I am releasing from the Regular Force and have been making arrangements to work on a Reservist contract. I have the paperwork and the estimate from the pension centre and I am discussing with SISIP what my plans are. I will have four years and seven months of Regular Force service on my last day. I have put away money in RRSP/TFSA since I could work, and have been fortunate to have made some smart decisions which have benefited my savings. I was considering taking my pension and applying the payout to my investments, but I don't really need the money right now so I was wondering how much of a difference pension contributions in the Reserve Pension Plan from two days a week of contract work would make in the long run?

Ariconius said:
I was wondering how much of a difference pension contributions in the Reserve Pension Plan from two days a week of contract work would make in the long run?

This may, or may not, help,

Active member—Canadian Armed Forces pensions
Find information about your Canadian Armed Forces pension plan as an active member,
http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/fac-caf/act/pa-am-eng.html

Contact information,

Telephone
Toll free: 1‑800‑267‑0325
Monday to Friday
8 am to 4 pm (your local time)

Facsimile

418‑566‑2865

Note: Always include your pension number or Service number when providing information by Facsimile.

On-line or by email
Email:pensioncentrecaf.centredespensionsfac@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca

In writing

Public Works and Government Services Canada
Government of Canada Pension Centre – Mail Facility
PO Box 9500
Matane QC  G4W 0H3

Note: Always include your pension number or Service number when writing.

Back