• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

reccomended reading for NES OP

The_Unabooboo

Inactive
Reaction score
  I will be going into the NES OP trade but have about 7-8 months to wait until I actually begin the NES OP training course.  Since I have so much time on my hands I was wondering if there is anything out there at the book store or online that I could read that would help me prepare for it.  Mostly I'm looking for stuff that would help me wrap my head around radar and ho it works.

http://www.radartutorial.eu/index.en.html

I'm not a NES Op, but here you go. Found with some googling.

Edited to add: Brush up on your math skills. It will make it easier for you to absorb the trade specific information that your instructors will be throwing at you. Maybe one of the NES Ops here could suggest some more open source reading for you.

Other than that, just focus on getting through your BMQ and doing well.

Good luck.

Spectrum said:
http://www.radartutorial.eu/index.en.html

I'm not a NES Op, but here you go. Found with some googling.

Edited to add: Brush up on your math skills. It will make it easier for you to absorb the trade specific information that your instructors will be throwing at you. Maybe one of the NES Ops here could suggest some more open source reading for you.

Other than that, just focus on getting through your BMQ and doing well.

Good luck.

Maybe better suited for NCI OPS as NES OPS focus more on fire control and electronic warfare....

For Unabooboo I echo Spectrum's suggestion of concentrating on BMQ more so. You will have ample opportunity on your QL3 to learn all you need to know about being a NES OP.

Sorry for posting so late but I just joined this site. I completely agree with Ex-Dragon and Spectrum, focus on BMQ, if you are still there. Also maintain focus on your personal administration and prepare to live in Victoria for a minimum of 6 months. When everything is in order in your personal life it makes training much easier. You will be afforded plenty of time to wrap your head around the NESOP trade once you get to Blackrock. As a current instructor for the QL-3 NESOP's I know this for a fact. If you still want to have some pre-instruction then the link that was posted is great. Radar Theory and the fundamentals of Radar are key topics through-out the course. Also research the electro-magnetic spectrum and radio propagation. This will help but is definitely not required for you to be successful. Hope to see you soon.

Back