• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Realibility check

kelsia

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I came to Canada back in 2008. So I have only lived in Canada for nearly 7 years. I know that the reliability check could take long because I am an immigrant and I haven't lived in Canada for over 10 years. But I also have Reliability Check from Region Cadet Support Unit (Central), Cadets Instructor Cadre for my Civilian Instructor position, do you think that this will speed up the screening process?

The other thing I wonder is if they have already done background check and oversea check for me since I handed in those forms back in April........way before I wrote my CFAT (back in June) and did my medical stuff (a few days ago).

Thanks for your opinion!

Best,

I am gonna throw out a guess here that the CAF will not fork out the money to do the reliability or security checks until AFTER you do your CFAT and medical checks to make sure you are a viable candidate.  Previous checks may or may not speed things up, but it is not likely that you would know whether they did or not.  The whole process takes months regardless.

I don't think it will speed up the process.

I hold a current enhanced reliability screening through work, provided them with a copy, and the recruiter told me that it doesn't matter and they still process a new one.

I have lived in Canada my whole life, started my process in January 2015 and still don't have my reliability done don't worry take care of the process step by step.

They said it's only going to take about two weeks to do my background check because

1) I have been in Canada since 13 years old.....which is long enough (I am 20 years old now)
2) Both of my parents are in Canada.
3) All of my immediate relatives are in Canada.

Yayyyy!!

This is one of the last two steps. I will also have a Physical Fitness test on the 29th of July. Hopefully that will go well too!

They say that... but try not to get bummed out if it doesn't go that fast. I've lived in Canada my whole life and have only been on a day trip to the states once. I've had reliability status before..... and I'm still waiting for mine.

My background check took about two weeks and I've been waiting about 2 weeks for the reliability screening with no end in sight for that one. So yeah, it may take a bit longer then they say... but either way keep your chin up. Hopefully you'll get lucky and the reliability screening won't take long.

Back