• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rate of Pay on Appointment to the Public Service

T.Triumph

Inactive
Reaction score
See Attachment-Sent to me from ADM (HR-CIV) DCHRCS (Natl).
I believe there is Discrimination against Reserve Class “B” on deployment into the Public Service. Hopefully someone out there has been through this. There is a perception in the CAF that Reserve Members Class “B” deploying into the Public Service will automatically begin at the lowest rate of pay in their job category unlike their peers in the Regular Force with the same rank, experience, courses and time in. Directorate Civilian Employment Policies – January 2010, Directive on Terms & Conditions of Employment to “Rate of Pay on Appointment, believe that all Reserve members do not meet the definition as a whole. In my particular case I deployed into the Primary Reserves still paying my Regular Force Pension  and taking a 3 year full time contract with no break in service ever for 31 years making me eligible to be paid not less than the rate of pay when I deployed into the Public Service. I meet all the conditions set out in the above Directive on Terms and Conditions of Employment but received a conglomerate of e-mails from different people at DCHRS reaching for references that were inconsistent and not clear. If you are working 40 hrs a week in B Class Position then it is not Part Time. So, the question is. Is it an accepted practice that all "B" Class Reservists start at the lowest rate of pay throughout DND when entering the Public Service compared to Regular Force.

Attachments

• Rate of Pay on appointment to Public Service.pdf
    255.6 KB · Views: 119
Good Day T. Triumph,

Welcome to army.ca. I note this is your first post. I had a read through it and through the attached document, but it's not entirely clear what you are seeking. You've started with your belief regarding discrimination in the PS against reservists.

Is it possible for you to re-read your post and break down what you believe has happened in a clearer manner?

You will probably get better responses and assistance if your situation is well explained, beginning, middle and end.

Thanks!

JesseWZ, army.ca Staff

Was there a break between ceasing full-time service and entering the public service? 

Hiring managers have some ability to bring people in at rates above the minimum - see A 2.1.2.2 in the Directive on Terms and Conditions of Employment (https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=15772)

Note that "Part II" of the CFSA refers to the Supplementary Death Benefit, not the Superannuation for Reg F and some Res F personnel.

dapaterson said:
Was there a break between ceasing full-time service and entering the public service? 

Hiring managers have some ability to bring people in at rates above the minimum - see A 2.1.2.2 in the Directive on Terms and Conditions of Employment (https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=15772)

Note that "Part II" of the CFSA refers to the Supplementary Death Benefit, not the Superannuation for Reg F and some Res F personnel.

No there wasn't a Break in Service.

Back