• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rank after CT

Slicksloth

Reaction score
I am currently a PRes Armd Crmn Cpl CTing to RegF AESOP. Will I keep Cpl or will I be bumped down in rank and pay? I've seen a variety of different answers and I have no idea what's true.

Thanks in advance

It will all depend on how much time they calculate you've served in the PRes. Hence the variety of answers perhaps.

It will all depend on how much time they calculate you've served in the PRes. Hence the variety of answers perhaps.
I see, I've seen someone say Cpl is a protected rank, is that just wrong? Not sure if you'd know. I'm assuming if I were to get bumped down to Avr, my time served PRes would count toward an IPC or 2? I've seen you in the AES Op thread, would I be able to DM you some questions I have about the trade that weren't in the thread? Thanks for the response.

I don't know that it's a protected rank; if you're actual accumulated time = 1 year, 25 days then you'd get that time counted towards your PI and you should have the opportunity to buy back that time for pension purposes.

That will all come down in your CT offer messaging.

Feel free to DM me any questions you have, for sure.

Protected rank for VOT within the same component. Change components, and TIR calculations come into play.

Back