• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Radical group may disrupt Prince William's visit

toyotatundra said:
The article is not about a radical group protesting events. The article is about a radical group with a history of disrupting events.
Fair point.

HavokFour said:
I honestly don't get what the big deal is.
There's no big deal, just Canadians exercising their democratic rights as millions do everyday.

john10 said:
There's no big deal, just Canadians exercising their democratic rights as millions do everyday.

And that is why there are soooooo many good citizens from all walks of life going out there to see them.

An estimated 300,000 people, many of them bedecked in the red and white colours of the Canadian flag on the nation's 144th birthday, crammed onto Parliament Hill and chanted "Will and Kate" as the potential future king and queen arrived.

William and Kate get rock-star welcome in Canada
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/07/02/uk-royals-idUKTRE75T5A820110702
Louise Egan OTTAWA  Sat Jul 2

read more......

Ridge Runner said:
I wonder who pays for this security? The Queen, the English government, our does Canada get stuck with the bill??
Canada picks up that tab for at least the security.  If I'm not mistaken, Canada picks up the tab for the entire trip.

milnews.ca said:
Canada picks up that tab for at least the security.  If I'm not mistaken, Canada picks up the tab for the entire trip.

Who pays for Royal Tours to Canada?

There are two types of Royal Tours: official tours and working or private visits.

The Government of Canada covers costs when it extends an official invitation. The provinces cover the costs of their own activities. As hosts, the provinces also share a portion of the travel and accommodation costs with the Government of Canada, based on pre-determined "cost-sharing agreements."

Invitations for working or private visits may be extended by groups such as regiments, sports organizations, etc. In these instances, the Government of Canada has no financial involvement

2011 Royal Tour www.royaltour.gc.ca

Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.royaltour.gc.ca/faq-eng.cfm#h10
Using Access to Information data on previous royal visits, along with anticipated expenses by the provinces, CCR estimates that the 8-day royal visit will cost an estimated $500,000 to $700,000 per day or roughly $4-6 million in total.
---
Another royal visit to cost taxpayers millions
http://canadianrepublic.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/another-royal-visit-to-cost-taxpayers-millions/

As long as we have our current Senate, we might as well have our current monarchy.

Y'know, I don't recall once, ever, getting out of bed and my first thought being, "Jeez, I wonder how much more wonderful my life would be, if only the Queen's picture wasn't on my money".

Ridge Runner said:
I wonder who pays for this security? The Queen, the English government, our does Canada get stuck with the bill??

Generally, the government is left with the security bill. However, in fairness, I understand the same standard applies for large public gatherings of civilians.

If you organize a public march or rally to express your political views, the government will provide security without charge.

Just like the US taxpayer eats the bill every time a world leader drops by the White house for coffee and a danish.

Kat Stevens said:
Just like the US taxpayer eats the bill every time a world leader drops by the White house for coffee and a danish.

I'm sure it's really good coffee  ;D

Kat Stevens said:

The Italian asked the American for a Danish.

milnews.ca said:

Thank-you for the information.

You would think that the English government would at least contribute somewhat, considering they're coming for a official visit, but nothing at all to me demonstrates a bit of arrogance maybe?

Kat Stevens said:

I suppose it does, Obama shafting us again....... Seems lately we've been paying for all sorts of things when we don't have the money.

Thanks to all for enlightening me on the who pays topic.

toyotatundra said:
The Italian asked the American for a Danish.

Considering Obama is either on the golf course pretty much most weekends recently, as our country sinks more into debt, I am surprised the Italian was not charged for his danish treat (smiles).

CDN Aviator said:
Such as ?

Hi, here's one for you to laugh at...  http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/federalbudgetprocess/a/How-Much-Shrimp-Treadmill-Study-Cost-Taxpayers.htm

Actually it's nothing to laugh about, just more of our precious tax dollars being used what many (including myself) consider sheer stupidity.

Anyways being new, just found I can modify my post. Sorry for the hijack.

Ridge Runner said:
Hi, here's one for you to laugh at...  http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/federalbudgetprocess/a/How-Much-Shrimp-Treadmill-Study-Cost-Taxpayers.htm

Thanks  ;D

toyotatundra said:
One of my biggest dislikes about political radicals is their tendency to be hypocrites.

The far Left demands the right to march through downtown cores, disrupting traffic. They expect the right to close down businesses with strikes, and occupy university administration offices during sit-ins. Yet these same radicals feel entitled to censor and intimidate everyone else. To prevent royalty from moving freely. To shut down international meetings of elected politicians. And to censor and ban events like the Plains of Abraham re-enactment.
I'm not sure that's true. Hypocrites do that, not "the left".

Ridge Runner said:
Thank-you for the information.

You would think that the English government would at least contribute somewhat, considering they're coming for a official visit, but nothing at all to me demonstrates a bit of arrogance maybe?
On the other hand, I read an article that argued that, although the government is paying for the trip in part or in full, it will be a stimulus to the economy.

Back