• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions About ATESS

BeeDub

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello forum members :) , in 2-3 months I will be posted to ATESS in Trenton as a brand new AVS tech.  I haven't heard too much about the unit, and even here in Borden many of the people seem to be unsure as to what to expect there in the AVS field.  From the impressions I've gotten, it seems as though the unit does not maintain one specific type of aircraft (I may be mis informed about this, I'm quite in the  dark about the unit).  I'm curious if I will still get an A/C type specific course that I'd get at an operational/training unit where I would learn the specific systems of the plane I'm working on, or if my type course will be something more unique.  I'm also wondering what kind of work I could expect to do there as an AVS tech, and what the day to day routine there is like.

Thank you kindly.  :D

BeeDub said:
, it seems as though the unit does not maintain one specific type of aircraft

It does not.

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/8w-8e/units-unites/page-eng.asp?id=691

All depends on which part of ATESS you're working in. ATESS is an enormous entity here, with a ton of different shops. If you want to PM me with your posting date and if it says anything besides 'ATESS' on your posting message, I can see if I can find anything out for you.

Back