• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about IRP on release ?

exPPCLIdude99

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok so my contract extention is over soon and I've turned down a new TOS . I was told at my first release appointment that I'm entitled to a move to my place of sign up or of equal value . I don't plan to move back to regina from edmonton so how is this judged ? is it by KM (distance) and if so is it like a straight line or road distance. Also it's not really clear in the CF IRP Directive what exactly your entitled too ,hypothetically  could I use the move to go to Kelowna instead? Do I get a HHT or anything like that , is the total cost of the move covered , do I get anything more then the $650 incidental thingy. I have 12 yrs service but I don't have ten yrs continuous. If anyone could clarify  any of this it would be appreciated.

Why don't you just stop by the Release Section and IRP people and ask these questions, as they will have the most up to date rules and regulations.

Your Release move is handled in fairly much the same way as a move on Posting.  The entitlements that you will have are almost exactly the same as a move on Posting. 

Distances are all measured the same, whether you are on Leave, TD, posted or released.  If the distance to Kelowna is equal to or less than that to Regina, you will have no problems.  In many cases, you can move anywhere within Canada.  It is when you move outside of Canada, that complications arise.

Back