• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Push ups

Stymiest said:
Weight training will do wonders for you.  A lot of people in the military shun weight training but if you get yourself on a weight training regimen you will see massive gains in areas such as pushups, chin ups, pullups etc...

I can attest to that, however when I started weight training at age 30 (I'm 54 now), when we were still doing 13/16 km march BFT, my timings went from over two hours to  under two hours for 13 km and somewhere around two hours for the 16 km.
The thing is about weight training is that you don't need to gain size/weight, like a bodybuilder. That mass takes lots of rations to maintain, and sometimes we don't get those rations. Not only that, but very serious bodybuilders need to eat every two- three hours and rest a lot. Sometimes we don't get that rest.

I had to giggle at my first thought about the title of this thread......I thought it said "Push up bras"  ;D

Jim Seggie said:
I can attest to that, however when I started weight training at age 30 (I'm 54 now), when we were still doing 13/16 km march BFT, my timings went from over two hours to  under two hours for 13 km and somewhere around two hours for the 16 km.
The thing is about weight training is that you don't need to gain size/weight, like a bodybuilder. That mass takes lots of rations to maintain, and sometimes we don't get those rations. Not only that, but very serious bodybuilders need to eat every two- three hours and rest a lot. Sometimes we don't get that rest.

I had to giggle at my first thought about the title of this thread......I thought it said "Push up bras"  ;D

HAHA  ;D  push up bras would have been a lot more entertaining. 

Back