• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pte.(R)

Brett

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm finally finished. I started my proccess on 9 January 2007, and was sworn in lastnight. The whole proccess was stressful - moderately, though. When I got there lastnight at JFA, I was overwhelmed with a view of many young people dressed in Military attire. It was a pretty cool sight to see that many young faces involved with the security of our country.

Anyway, I was also informed I was to be paid for lastnight, which I found pretty cool.

I'm Pte.(R) Newton of the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry. Anyone else a Riley?

Congrats Brett!
If I make ith through (my process started exactly at the same time as yours!) I'll be close by with the Lorne Scots.
Good for you  :D
D2

Congrats man.  You must be jumping with anticipation about getting on summer course!

I dropped off my application on 26 April, and have my interview & medical scheduled for tomorrow @ 1000/1100.  I'm hoping everything continues to roll smoothly so I can get a spot on summer BMQ.

;D

Ravendusk said:
Congrats man.  You must be jumping with anticipation about getting on summer course!

I dropped off my application on 26 April, and have my interview & medical scheduled for tomorrow @ 1000/1100.  I'm hoping everything continues to roll smoothly so I can get a spot on summer BMQ.

;D
Good luck you fast-tracker, you!  ;)

Fast is right!

It was worth every minute, though. It gave me a lot of time to really think things through and to make sure this is really what I wanted.. and now I know it is.

Thanks everyone, and to D2, are you going to borden perhaps?

Doubtful unlikely for Borden in August.  :(
Just came through my medical today & am advised it will be 4 to 6 weeks before I hear back from Ottawa.
Good luck to you, I'm sure it will be a great experience!
D2  :)

Let's just hope your papers get sent back before that time. Who knows, you might get sworn in a few days before you leave :|

but then again, they said it would take about 2 weeks before we recieve our kits, so I'm not sure if you would have time to get yours.

Either way, good luck D2!

Brett said:
but then again, they said it would take about 2 weeks before we recieve our kits, so I'm not sure if you would have time to get yours.

Oh let me assure you that this has happened before.

We did 18 kittings in January for a Unit here. Sworn in Thursday night, kitted Thurs night and Friday...then straight out to their BMQ forthwith.

D2;

There still seems to be some hope! I'll cross my fingers, and hope I see you at borden 3 july.

Hello all,
I was sworn in on Tuesday with Fort Garry's Horse as an Armoured Recce. My application process from sending it in to being sworn in took about a month. Good luck to you all.

Kujo,

Congrats on your enrollment in this big outfit!!  ;D

and welcome to Milnet.ca.

Vern

ArmyVern said:
Kujo,

Congrats on your enrollment in this big outfit!!  ;D

and welcome to Milnet.ca.

Vern

Thanks Vern. I get my gear (kit) on June 11th.... sweeeet!!

Hey Brett, congratulations. I got sworn in 2 days before you, but I put in my application two months beforehand in November 2006. It's a great feeling to finally get in eh? I'm guessing you already know what you're doing this summer also? There's a lot of young people around here in the Signals also, great to finally be accepted.

Where are you from, phil?

And yeah, it's a great feeling. Well, the feeling of being in is great, the sore feeling from doing drill for hours  on tuesday doesn't feel good  >:D but other than that, it's an amazing feeling.

I'm up at meaford this summer, so I was told, what about you? Kingston?

Wow I'm seeing a trend here I put in my CEOTP Application in November 06 and it came back April 06 seems 6 months is the magic number, congrats to the new recruits, and remember this on your BMQ, it's just a game, if you get really PO'd polish boots, I find it calms me down, even when the domestic niner and I don't see eye to eye.

Back