• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PT in St-Jean - Off Base

jmbest

Inactive
Reaction score
I still have a few months until I can send in my application to the CF and it's going to be a long few months. In the meantime, I hope to make the best of it and work on my physical training as much as I can. I don't have the money to buy fancy equipment or sign up for gym memberships but I'd like to find a group of people who are either applying for the forces and in training as well or those in the VF who do any off base training, preferably to jog/run the bike path here in St-Jean. My apartment faces right on it and I often see one or two folks with their kits on jogging by. It's mostly to help me get off my *** on mornings like this.

Any way civie's can get in on this training as well, by any chance? Or is that just unheard of and should never be mentioned again??  :nod:

Thanks all

Units doing PT won't want to touch you with a 10 foot pole for the reason that you aren't covered and if you get hurt they could be liable...

You might look for a non military running org or something that you join in the mean time.

You might be able to join the base gym and get access to PSP staff who could give you a workout plan, and or put you into contact with others in your situation, it couldn't hurt to ask. from what I understand you can get a membership at the gym here in Gagetown for after 1800 hrs for 60 bucks... but I have no idea what you might have access to at St Jean.

Got it. Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about the getting injured aspect of it. Bah humbug. Definitely going to look into a base gym membership - thanks canuk.

jmbest said:
Got it. Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about the getting injured aspect of it. Bah humbug. Definitely going to look into a base gym membership - thanks canuk.

That is a serious problem that many should not forget.  We just had an older, former British Army member, injure his ACL while out running and hitting a bit of ice under a light dusting of snow, a week before his BMQ started.  We lost a very promising new member due to this.  He now has to recover, and wait for the Fall or later, when his knee is healed, to try again. 

Back