• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes NCM to RegF O. Return all kit to ASU and redraw at St Jean?

jhohertz

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm in the midst of an outclearance and phoned up my local ASU (Toronto) and was told by a Sgt there (when I eventually got somebody who didn't seem confused by what a CT/OT was) that I needed to return all my kit and redraw. I pointed out the St Jean JI say otherwise but she was adamant about it.

Anybody from Toronto gone PRes NCM to RegF O doing a BMOQ (or equiv) and been told the same thing? Or anybody from anywhere for that matter.

Clothing Docs are Clothing Docs.  It is all electronic now, and it sounds like someone in Clothing Stores is a bit confused.  This is a question that Army Vern can use her expertise to sort you out right away.  ;D

And the Infantry School JI has CAP candidates bring kit they aren't even entitled to.

Long story short - CTing to the RegF means you turn in your kit at your PRes unit and draw your new RegF entitlement (because the entitled kit IS different between the two) at St. Jean.

And that's by the "official books" ie policy - not a kitlist done up arbitrarily by someone at the Unit (most of whom just list all kit items on the scale - whether member is entitled to 'em or not [because they don't read the 'notes' that go with the scale]; and, just because the school puts it on a kitlist ---does not create an entitlement).

Thanks for the info. I feel a lot better now.

ArmyVern said:
And the Infantry School JI has CAP candidates bring kit they aren't even entitled to.

Long story short - CTing to the RegF means you turn in your kit at your PRes unit and draw your new RegF entitlement (because the entitled kit IS different between the two) at St. Jean.

And that's by the "official books" ie policy - not a kitlist done up arbitrarily by someone at the Unit (most of whom just list all kit items on the scale - whether member is entitled to 'em or not [because they don't read the 'notes' that go with the scale]; and, just because the school puts it on a kitlist ---does not create an entitlement).

I work in the Clothing Stores, at ASU Toronto.  As far as we have been informed, St. Jean has a policy where they would like all CT heading there for recruit training to return all their kit prior to reporting to St. Jean.  Apparently this is to ensure that all candidates on the basic courses have the same kit.  As a side note, please keep in mind that there are more than a few civilians who work here, who have no idea what a CT or OT is, or what the difference is.

I believe that was the case. I have found the military staff (not that the civilian staff haven't been as well) at ASU Toronto to always be professional and knowledgeable. Any indication to the contrary is due to the limitations of communication over the Internet.

cook647 said:
I work in the Clothing Stores, at ASU Toronto.  As far as we have been informed, St. Jean has a policy where they would like all CT heading there for recruit training to return all their kit prior to reporting to St. Jean.  Apparently this is to ensure that all candidates on the basic courses have the same kit.  As a side note, please keep in mind that there are more than a few civilians who work here, who have no idea what a CT or OT is, or what the difference is.

biosci said:
I believe that was the case. I have found the military staff (not that the civilian staff haven't been as well) at ASU Toronto to always be professional and knowledgeable. Any indication to the contrary is due to the limitations of communication over the Internet.

No worries; I certainly didn't take your post in that manner.

Back