• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Preparing for Basic

Wendigoo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m scared of failing BMQ, I applied to be an image tech. Some info about me: I weigh 110 kg, female and can’t do more than 5 push-ups.
I’ve recently been running to improve and can run 2k in around 16 mins if I try really hard (also I’ve been running in the cold so it’s harder on my lungs)
I’ve also been doing lots of weighted squats cuz I’ve heard that helps a lot, but I need more suggestions, I’m really scared of failing and especially at the force test. Any suggestions would help, thanks.

Hi Wendigoo,

Focus on your fitness as a whole. Lots and lots of cardio with resistance and weight training mixed in to build up your strength and endurance. Start early and set realistic goals for improvement.

As for the FORCE test, I've seen fit people fail and unfit people pass. Find a way to practice the different elements of the test and learn techniques that work for you. I struggled with rushes because I'm a very large guy. I've seen many fit, but petite, women struggle with the drag. Practice for the test, but improve your general fitness and you should be successful.

If you aren't successful on your first attempt, you're generally provided a second attempt. If unsuccessful on your second attempt, you'll be assigned to RFT (Remedial Fitness Training) where you will focus on fitness in an effort to meet minimum standards.

Most importantly, arrive to BMQ in the best shape possible.

Good luck!

Hello Wendigo,

I am in the same boat as you, starting my BMOQ next January 2022. I'm fairly small, standing at 5'4" and weighing barely 45 kg. I'm better at cardio than I am and push-ups lol. :ROFLMAO:

So far, your workout sounds good. I've been hitting up the gym for strength and cardio training 5 days a week to avoid the cold winter weather. If you know any gyms nearby (LA Fitness, GoodLife Fitness, etc.) and are financially able to get a membership then go for it!

Also, there's been a lot of various answers as to how readily "fit" you should be. I aim to meet all these requirements noted on the main website: Joining the Canadian Armed Forces | Canadian Armed Forces

Hope you do well at Basic! :salute:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    49.3 KB · Views: 23
i’m nervous about basic too, i’m 5”11 235 pounds. i have muscle. i can do push-ups and sit-ups okay. not like someone who is in perfect shape, but i have been trying my best to stay healthy since i found out i’m going to aldershot on January 30 2022.

i just want to know how hard bmq really is and if anyone has some insight of what i should be doing to prepare in the next few weeks and what to expect on course with covid going on

i’m nervous about basic too, i’m 5”11 235 pounds. i have muscle. i can do push-ups and sit-ups okay. not like someone who is in perfect shape, but i have been trying my best to stay healthy since i found out i’m going to aldershot on January 30 2022.

i just want to know how hard bmq really is and if anyone has some insight of what i should be doing to prepare in the next few weeks and what to expect on course with covid going on
Eat clean and focus on cardio. I’d look into intermittent fasting as well.

Hey guys, I’m scared of failing BMQ, I applied to be an image tech. Some info about me: I weigh 110 kg, female and can’t do more than 5 push-ups.
I’ve recently been running to improve and can run 2k in around 16 mins if I try really hard (also I’ve been running in the cold so it’s harder on my lungs)
I’ve also been doing lots of weighted squats cuz I’ve heard that helps a lot, but I need more suggestions, I’m really scared of failing and especially at the force test. Any suggestions would help, thanks.
If you dont give up you will make it like peoples say start get fit early like i did i start my enrollement in October and start working at the gym 2h ech day in the weeks weeks end off but now since 1 month gym are close in Québec but i i didnt not give up im still doing push up,set up weight lift with big t water bottle taped together ,doing 3-4km fast walking with 30kg in my back pack and im doing training on tv to... i didnt give up i want to give me the best chance ! and i can already see my progress better cardio,Endurance,force and lost 20 pound already If i can you can because was almost 1 year i have my ass sit playing video game because of covid i lost my job of 8 years of service and chose to do something right with my life an join the army And i will do everything to finish my life in this !

And im mindset to never give up what ever weather we have If this day we have -30 im still out fast walking with my weight in the back because in the army they not gonna stop everything because of rain and heavy cold or snow strom you will still go outside running or doing what ever need !

Back