• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting while on VRPSM

doggroomer

Inactive
Reaction score
My spouse is "pencilled in" for a posting this APS.  I have a release date of 31 Aug 2020 (medical) and I am hoping to start VRPSM next month (online classes).
Does anyone know how it would work if he receives a posting message? 
We are trying to stay optimistic since we are ready to get out of where we currently are for a change of scenery, but know that it might not happen.

Thanks

doggroomer said:
My spouse is "pencilled in" for a posting this APS.  I have a release date of 31 Aug 2020 (medical) and I am hoping to start VRPSM next month (online classes).
Does anyone know how it would work if he receives a posting message? 
We are trying to stay optimistic since we are ready to get out of where we currently are for a change of scenery, but know that it might not happen.

Thanks
Your spouse is being posted, not you, so your VRPSM likely isn't going to factor into it. There are a couple of options available to you off the top of my head though.

The first is your spouse makes a request asking that, if they are posted, the date is late in the APS to allow you to complete the release process at your current location. Maybe not a suitable option, especially if you have kids who need to be in place to start the new school year, but the CMs don't really care when you move in the APS and will usually work with the member to come up with a date that works for them.  If this is done prior to the message being cut, there is no need to get the new unit's CO involved in the process.

Your spouse could also go on IR for the period prior to your release, although that has financial impacts on the family.

You could also ask for a change of release base so that you can proceed to the new base and basically clear in for the last month and then be released from there on 31 Aug.

Another option is you request to be released on an earlier date, keeping in mind the impacts that will have on your pay and benefits etc.

You just need to figure out which is best for yourself and your family, especially since your VRPSM can be done from anywhere since it is online.

Back