• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Post CFAT

george9315

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all, there isn't a lot of information out there regarding the Full Canadian Forces Application Process, so I recently finished my CFAT exam and was told I qualified for all 3 trades I had wanted to do, and was also told I would be contacted within 4 days. Contacted to schedule the rest of my application process (medical, fit test, and interview etc.) Its been about 5-6 days now, from what I have read and learned about US Army. Contacting the recruiter to inquire about your specific application is beneficial.

Would that apply for us Canadians? Should I contact my recruiter? or just wait it out?

Hey all, there isn't a lot of information out there regarding the Full Canadian Forces Application Process, so I recently finished my CFAT exam and was told I qualified for all 3 trades I had wanted to do, and was also told I would be contacted within 4 days. Contacted to schedule the rest of my application process (medical, fit test, and interview etc.) Its been about 5-6 days now, from what I have read and learned about US Army. Contacting the recruiter to inquire about your specific application is beneficial.

Would that apply for us Canadians? Should I contact my recruiter? or just wait it out?
It is always a good idea to contact your recruiter. Due to covid it is very normal for things to take much longer than normal. However, throughout the entire process it is never a bad idea to contact your recruiter every 2-3 weeks.

george9315 - please note that if your application is in an area where the schools are shut down it means that CFRC is at minimum staffing - this means that time lines are taking longer than normal. As stated by Pilot, following up with your recruiter every 3-4 weeks (I wouldn't do every 2) to see if there's any update.

Usually, they say 1 week. But right now the whole process is taking ages. I have been in the process for almost 2 years now. So don't expect things to move quick.

Things are pretty open in my area, and seems as if things at the recruiting office were pretty relaxed. However, I will follow up every 3 weeks just to see what up.

Back