• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pistols - Where to buy

Inch

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
There's a few pistols I've got my eye on, like a Glock 17 for starters. I've found a few online places like Ellwood Epps in Orillia to purchase pistols from but I was hoping there were a few of you out there with some experience that could point a first time buyer in the right direction. Either online or gun shops in NS or NB.

So to put it bluntly, where did you guys get your hardware?

No experience in NB, NS.  Maybe PM MarkC as he just came back from Gagetown.

The Shooting Edge in Calgary, Wolverine Supplies of Virden Manitoba and P&D Enterprises of Edmonton are the three I tend to stick too.

If your looking for a Glock... and you are current Military or LEO or retired Military or LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) you can purchase a new Glock 17 (9mm) for $743.00 CDN from Police Ordnance in Ontario.   I got mine with the extended mag release and Tritium night sights.
Go here and then select the "Specials" tab  

http://www.policeordnance.com/

If your interested in the Grand Power K100, it is only $595.00 CDN,   you can find many different styles of pistols there at Marstar

http://www.marstar.ca/

Pictured are the Springfield Armoury XD40 Tactical,   Glock 17C with OKO reflex sight, and the Glock 17
f8ea8aa8.jpg

Here is my Norinco NP30 1911 .45ACP double stack,   $441.00 + 49.99 for the grips
f22598f7.jpg

http://www.p-d-ent.com/

10552 â “ 115th Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5H 3K6

I hope to get myself a Desert Eagle .50 after a few years of service.
A 7 round clip may be smaller than average, but they pack a heck of a shot and they make me feel warm inside.   :blotto:
Does anyone know where these hand-cannons can be purchased?
I get goosebumps just thinking about them.   :D

A buddy of mine bought a Desert Eagle in 44mag after Somalia (or shortly after leave) -- shoot it first - they are tres big, and most cannot get their hand around them -- the 50AE is worse (he sold his a few weeks after buying it)

KevinB said:
A buddy of mine bought a Desert Eagle in 44mag after Somalia (or shortly after leave) -- shoot it first - they are tres big, and most cannot get their hand around them -- the 50AE is worse (he sold his a few weeks after buying it)
I've got big hands. Woohoo!   :akimbo:

ppphhhhtt...Desert Eagle...overated...aren't they prohibited?

You'd need to be the Governator to properly handle it. Pointless weapon IMHO

Sig_Des said:
ppphhhhtt...Desert Eagle...overated...aren't they prohibited?

You'd need to be the Governator to properly handle it. Pointless weapon IMHO
no, Restricted. As a weapon, totally useless. As a big, shiny toy that makes loud noises, totally awesome! But it's an awfully expensive toy, and you really can't fire it too often in one day.

Thanks, Kev. Gotta stroll on down there this weekend.

BSmith12 said:
I hope to get myself a Desert Eagle .50 after a few years of service.
A 7 round clip may be smaller than average, but they pack a heck of a shot and they make me feel warm inside.   :blotto:
Does anyone know where these hand-cannons can be purchased?
I get goosebumps just thinking about them.   :D

LOL another one for the LCF club (Look Cool Factor)

Ex-Dragoon said:
LOL another one for the LCF club (Look Cool Factor)
I'm all about it! I can also do a good Arnold voice impersonation.
"Muh nayum iz Ahnuld, I am zah Guvenatah!"

anyone know where to get a Remington 700P TWS [preferably composite stock re-inforced with Du Pont Kevlar and fibreglass]

Saw one at www.roninsports.com but I don't know how credible that site is, and its $2,699.00 there, anyone know someone with a better price. [new, or used if in good condition with no scratches].

Also, any snipers know of any good civy rifles?  Trying to cut the budget  :p

I like the Remington 700 series the Varmint Special (short action) .308 is quite nice; mine shoots sub MOA out of the box.  Remington's Sendero is also a good choice for long action magnum calibres.  Pair them up with a good shooting sling and a nice Leupold Scope (3.5 x 10 Vari-X III on the VS and 10x Mk 4 on the Sendero) and you are in business.  These make good mid-range target rifles.  If you have lots of money then cast your net into the Arctic Warfare Special in .338 Lapua or perhaps a PSG 1.  There are many quality rifles in reasonable price ranges depending on the purpose.  For general hunting, I like the Remington 700 BDL DM in .300 win mag with a 3 x 9 Vari-X Leupold scope. Remington arms are very good value for the money, I'm not big on the Winchesters, though I own a few, they just don't seem to perform as well.

What distances are you shooting, what sort of conditions and for what purpose?  Hunting, target, competition?  Stock choice, wood or synthetic depends on the use and individual taste.  Synthetics certainly perform better in rough weather.

edited to fix typo

It's for urban sharpshooter training, I picked the 700P TWS because it seems to be the best choice; short barrel, trusted company, comfortable handling from what I remember.  Probably a .223, maybe .308.  All weather conditions.

Hmmm,  I think you are a little out of place here.  Perhaps I might direct you to our Tonka section...

note to self: Remember to check profiles of commando wannabes.  When they are blank it's usually for a reason.

edited to add note to self

Remington 700 LTR

or if you want a good light gun the PGWDTI CoyoTi - a short action .308 in a Ti receiver.

Nice avatar BTW  ::)

Back