• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pic - Iraq at large..... Aug 06 - Mar 07

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Here I'll post some pics from time to time.

Cheers,

Wes

These 3 pics taken in early Nov 06 at Sniper Alley near BIAP, with the US Task Force Troy.

The group pic (where is my helmet?) was taken about 40 metres off Sniper Alley, we were behind cover, but the Enemy knew we were there. I used to wonder how many metres of date palms and scrub would stop a bullet!

Notice the IED, ha! This is from the IED School near Baghdad, as mentioned below, and is inert (now).

Ya, the Saddam Heads of FOB Prosperity (not BIAP), near where Uday's Palace is/was.

More IEDs....

These are taken at Task Force Troy, at their IED School, and are inert ones, but actual ones they have recovered and made safe. Great training, and hard to spot on the lane, and worse at 60kph with goggles, dust, and watching your arcs.

We were there numerous times, and they were excellent people to know. Sadly, they lost three of their team with a booby trapped mortar rd not long after these pics was taken.

Back