• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Physiotherapy Officer

KZAR

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm starting my master's degree in physiotherapy in September 2024 and have applied for subsidized education through the Canadian military. I'll be doing my medical and interview on June 25th.

I'm curious about how advancing through the ranks works in the Canadian military. Additionally, could anyone provide information on the salary for a physiotherapist in the Canadian Forces? How does the PIs work?

Are there any physiotherapists here who could share their experiences and insights on the pros and cons of being a PT Officer versus a civilian physiotherapist?

Thanks in advance!

According to this post from a few years ago, pers doing a physio program will be 2nd Lt during their schooling and will be promoted to full Lieutenant on graduating .

Guess I should be paying attention to this part of the forum as well :)

The CAF accepts people off the street for this, the entry plan is DEO(SEELM). SEELM stand for Subsidized Education - Entry Level Masters. This year the CAF enrolled 2 Physiotherapists who already had their Masters (DEO) and 1 person who was getting their Masters (DEO-SEELM).

Further information

For DEO applicants: They are enrolled at the rank of Officer Cadet and commissioned right away to the rank of Second Lieutenant. This is the pay for for BMOQ, upon successful completion of BMOQ individuals are promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.

For DEO(SEELM) applicants: They are enrolled at the rank of Officer Cadet and commissioned right away to the rank of Second Lieutenant; they stay at this rank/pay while they're attending school.

These are the pay scales. As a DEO(SEELM), my assumption is you would be receiving pay level "C". One rises to the next incentive level after one year. I don't know how they handle promotion to Captain for physiotherapists these days, but it may be two or three years before that promotion.

According to this post from a few years ago, pers doing a physio program will be 2nd Lt during their schooling and will be promoted to full Lieutenant on graduating .

These are the pay scales. As a DEO(SEELM), my assumption is you would be receiving pay level "C". One rises to the next incentive level after one year. I don't know how they handle promotion to Captain for physiotherapists these days, but it may be two or three years before that promotion.

Thank you for your response.

My school starts on September 3, 2024. I was wondering how the timing for BMOQ would work if I received an offer from the CAF. Would I complete BMOQ after finishing my Physical Therapy program, considering that my program does not have a summer break? Because I don't think there is time for BMOQ before the start of my program.

Thank you

Back