• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Physical question?

I have bought a bunch of movies off the discovery channel on BUD training(Basic underwater Demo) kind of the pre-Seals training and they go over Teamwork a great deal. I have come to see how instructors or generally how instructors will single out non team players for out doing and not being a team member.

It is GOOD to show leadership! I guess just try not to be cocky or look like a brown nosier right?

Another book I just bought tonight that is really awesome and shows some really good tips is from Chapter and it the SAS training guide. Shows different work outs and a lot of good ways to stay fit.

paracowboy said:
no. The point is for you to learn how to be a soldier and a part of a team.

That doesn't include putting forth your best effort? I understand the concept of "learning how to be a soldier and a part of a team" but I guess I'll have to wait till I'm there to see how that relates to performance. I want to do well, but only to the point where it will not cost me in other areas. Heck, I may not even have to worry about it.   ;D

Even though I am only an applicant, hopefully PPCLI soon I think that the best way for myself to get through is to keep my mouth shut and do as I'm told, I want it to be so none of the instructors will know my name too well. This was advice given to me from soldiers and members of the CF. As for a leadership position, I am starting out as a private in the infanry assuming I get in, so in no way, shape, or form will I be a leader, that will only come with experience. Once again this is my own opinion.

Best of luck to you all :salute:

RE: being first, and 'excelling':

**This is from experience on reserve recruit course so it might be different for you.**
There is nothing wrong with pushing yourself during PT. Remember, you are a team. Stay with the pack help eachother out. If you are chronically at the front of the pack you might end up being a marker on runs and then you get a bit more exercise out of them. I guess what I am trying to say is do your best, and give it 100%, but never to the point when 'your best' is going to blade other people or leave them behind. That's not teamwork. If you think you're up to it go ahead and push to be the strongest member in the team, but never forget you're still in the team.

There, I think i said team enough times in that little speech.

RE: Leadership on recruit course.

keep your mouth shut and do as your told [sic] is usually a safe bet. About being in a leadership position you probably will not have a choice. You will be called on to be section senior or course senior. You will be evaluated on how you lead, and how everyone else fairs under your 'leadership'. Really the position is just that of s***-magnet. Don't forget that when you are section or course senior you are still part of the team. You did not instantly become Herr General Bloggins.

Back