• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PCATs and Postings

RubberTree

Reaction score
Hello all...
I'll make this as quick and (hopefully) painless as possible. I'm looking for the rules regarding being posted while on PCat. I'll do the leg work/reading, just having trouble finding the right direction. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RT

Speaking from recent personal experience, I was on a PCat and expecting a 3b Medical release message in late 2009 and I was seeking a retention. As my Unit was highly deployable, it was continually refused. Turns out I was no-cost posted to ATESS and given a 3 yr retention and within 5 months, I was posted from ATESS (8Wing Trenton) to the Air Maintenance Squadron in Comox at my request. I sat in the SCWO office at ATESS as my posting message come in on his printer.
So long story short...being posted while on PCat would be entirely possible however it would depend on your skillset, trade, position availability and of course $$.  For me, the career Gods were definitely shining on me that day as even the suits from Ottawa during a SCAN seminar were a bit surprised that I got in reality 2 postings, a retention while on a PCat. For this I was grateful.

Just my personal story hope it helps.

RubberTree said:
Hello all...
I'll make this as quick and (hopefully) painless as possible. I'm looking for the rules regarding being posted while on PCat. I'll do the leg work/reading, just having trouble finding the right direction. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RT

A PCAT has no impact on future postings unless you have been assigned MELs which prevent you from being fully employed at the new unit/job that your going into.  Your CM should already be aware of these...before they pull the trigger.

Back